View Single Post
Old February 5, 2009, 08:09 PM   #14
alan

Notwithstanding the correct comment, unfortunately so, by Antipitas, I wonder re the following.

1. How many gun owners got on to their U.S. Senators to voice their disapproval of Holder's confirmation, assuming of course that they disapproved.
2. How many gun owners, here or elsewhere will trouble to remember of took up, when next there are elections for seats in the U.S. senate, who voted how.

Additionally, the following strike me as interesting points raised by a coup-le of commentators here.

thallub wrote:

Holder was confirmed by a vote of 75-21. Note that some senators who claim to support the 2nd Amendment voted to confirm Holder.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...s=1111&tally=1

ZeSpectre quoted and wrote:
Why should the NRA use any political capital over an issue that will not be affected?

Antipitas,
While I understand completely what you are saying, if the NRA doesn't start making some visible waves soon it's going to loose a LOT more of it's "political capitol" as it sheds members who are feeling like they don't do anything.

Now you and I both know that there is a tremendous amount of "back room" politics happening that is never seen by the general public but we're in an era of "bread and circuses" and if the NRA doesn't do some seriously public circuses soon they're going to have some real trouble ahead.

Sarge wrote:

A better question might be "Where were American gun owners while two branches of government (The two branches of government, I might add, which appoint and confirm the third!) got handed over to people who have demonstrated, time and time again, their extreme antigun sentiments?"

The NRA can bark at congress until they're blue in the face, but they can't 'bite' as long as gun owners elect those who hold the Bill of Rights in the same regard as toilet paper.

This problem was caused by gun owners; only gun owners can fix it.

-------------------------

Seems to me that some interesting points are offered, as is the case with questions asked.

Page generated in 0.02054 seconds with 8 queries