View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 11:06 AM   #2
tobnpr

That's a ridiculous price...
Centerfire Systems is currently out of stock, but will accept backorders at $109.95...

They keep trying to perpetrate the myth that Mosins are becoming "rare" or in short supply, in an effort to drive their prices up.

Just like there are sites selling round receiver, wartime 91/30's for $130 and MORE... you can still find them for under $100 at any number of places.

Tens of millions of these rifles made. As they say "short supply", there are no doubt containers full of unopened crates.

Like any product, they're trying to determine what the market will bear. The rifles have become more popular, no doubt. If they flood the market with all that's available, prices will plummet. So, they have to control the supply.

For the collector, some models will always have increased value.
But as a pure shooting rifle- if it were not for the cheap surplus ammo- they wouldn't be able to sell nearly as many, even at $100...

Prices for highly accurate, factory bolt guns has come down, as quality has gone up.

Would I pay $180 for an ancient Mosin when I can get a brand new, MOA accurate Ruger or Savage for about $300? For any reason other than collecting, no way...

And I'm a big fan of the Mosin, I have one highly modified that I shoot long range. But, they are...what they are...

Page generated in 0.02234 seconds with 8 queries