View Single Post
Old July 13, 2012, 10:02 AM   #19
Rogervzv

Quote:
so youre all saying with better designs in the gas key and carrier design has done a pretty good job at eliminating carrier tilt as a problem in decent made rifles?

i was debating going with a gas system in a future build not so much for the advertised reasons, but just to make cleaning a little quicker, easier, tidier, and to keep the heat in a less expensive part of the rifle
Exactly.

The cleaning is a LOT easier and it is great fun to examine the bolt carrier assembly after a day of shooting and see that it is absolutely pristine. In mine I generally pull out the piston, drench it in Hoppes 9 bore cleaner while I clean the barrel and chamber, and then apply a brass toothbrush to the piston. Generally the bolt carrier assembly just takes a wipe-down with a light CLP. Takes a couple of minutes and the rifle is ready to go back in the safe.

Page generated in 0.02765 seconds with 8 queries