View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012, 11:42 AM   #7
jason41987

obviously if the carrier was too tight of a fit in the receiver, it would cause way too much friction, heat, and wear on the inside of the upper.. so the carriers are a bit undersized, and the skis are added to the front... well considering the weight in the rear section of the receiver, i cant imagine why they never put skis or some kind of support of the carrier in the rear section of it as well, and i think this is what the problem is...

so, if the carrier has some means of adding support in the rear of the carrier, either by the addition of rear skis, or the plastic bushing i seen in that youtube video i dont think carrier tilt would be much of an issue, and frankly, i cant imagine the reason why even direct impinged carriers wouldnt have a little added support in the form of rear skis either.. seems like an obvious solution that should have been part of the design to begin with...

so just from an engineering standpoint... front and rear skis that fit well would be the way to go.. and heck, i wish i could find a carrier with oversized skis so i could file them down by hand for a perfect fit

Page generated in 0.02690 seconds with 8 queries