View Single Post
Old December 5, 2000, 07:28 AM   #8
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Monkeyleg, the Express may take a little longer to smooth up, less polishing might mean a bit more roughness until things work in.Otherwise, no difference. Also, one of the prime advantages of the 870 these days is that one can "build" a shotgun to his/her specs without needing all that much gunsmithing. I've built two of mine, redid another, and before I get mistaken for a gunsmith, the light has to be rather bad(G)...

The older I get, the more I think that WIHTF/HD shotguns should be stocked like rifles, since they're aimed rather than pointed.And, while stock fit is crucial, most folks can work better with a stock that's a little short than long.

Re Ghost Ring sights, while they're nice, a bead works fine for HD,and no sight is faster. My serious 870s have GRs as much because they also serve for deer hunting with slugs, as for any advantage they may give in an AS scenario.

Also, buck and slugs impact differently,so the GRS has to be set to one or the other. My HD 870 impacts center of 00 pattern 16-18" below slug impact at 25 yards.Of course, HD use will be at much shorter range.

Page generated in 0.06356 seconds with 8 queries