View Single Post
Old August 1, 2012, 11:42 AM   #13
bumnote

Mosins are always going to be the least expensive rifle out there....the 10's of millions of them made will pretty much guarantee that. They may not alway be $100, but they'll still be less than othe mil-surps out there. Personally I believe it'll be a long time before they're all bought up, I wouldn't be surprised if there are still 100's of thousands if not a million or more of them still in storage in various places and countries around the world.

Quote:
The reason I was asking is that I want to buy a birthday gift for an 18 year old young man.
My favorites are the Swiss K31, still easily found for $250-350, and the Swedish Mausers. Only 500K K31's were made and their quality and accuracy is amazing, I'm amazed they sell for so low price.
Swede's are my favorite, more expensive but incredible workmanship and accuracy and the 6.5x55 is a great round.
The biggest drawback would be ammo isn't as cheap for those, 7.5x55 and 6.5x55, compared to 7.62x54R....but it's not that expensive either.
A great 19th birthday gift could be a reloading kit.

Page generated in 0.02167 seconds with 8 queries