PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster AR15 magazines

Sundance
January 23, 2002, 01:31 PM
What is a fair price for brand new, unfired, 30 round, Preban Bushmaster brand AR15 magazines? Do you know of any sources for them?

dZ
January 23, 2002, 02:31 PM
does the bushie brand matter?

R-guns has NIW pre-ban DPMS mags for $25 each

jadams951
January 23, 2002, 03:05 PM
Actually the bushmaster pre ban 30 round mags were made by DPMS and bushy just put their floor plates on them. New in wrapper USGI mags are running in the neighborhood of around 25 bucks or so if I'm not mistaken.

Sundance
January 23, 2002, 03:39 PM
Yes the Bushmaster brand matters because that is the brand I have and I want to sell them.

dZ
January 23, 2002, 05:55 PM
yep them preban teflon Bushies are nice and a tad rare

5 dollars nicer than the DPMS?

well thats up to the buyer
:)

uglygun
January 24, 2002, 01:09 PM
DPMS and Bushmaster both bought their magazines from Labelle and put their floorplates on them, DPMS magazines were typically finished with a black teflon while the Bushmasters were typically done in grey teflon. Labelle sourced out to some other companies as well so occasionally you'll see brand names or part numbers on the floorplate when expecting to see DPMS or Bushmaster, still the same quality magazine though.

I've got about 10 DPMS mags that I bought back 4 years ago for 25bucks a piece from ShomerTec(was a good source, 25bucks new in wrapper back then), my 6 grey teflon mags I bought back about the same time ago I got for 25 bucks from Bushmaster when they were still stocked.

Prices on these things new in wrapper have gone up to around 30-35 dollars per magazine the last time I checked around, they've taken on a bit of a collectors status. I'm fairly certain you wouldn't have any trouble finding somebody to buy your mags at 30 dollars a piece, 35 dollars even sounds reasonable because I do have some idea of how sought after these magazines are.

In 1999 I was kicking myself for not selling my entire stash of DPMS and Bushmaster magazines on Ebay, before Y2K and with the Ca. AB23 buying spree I could have fetched an easy 60-70 dollars per magazine for having them still in the wrapper. I could have doubled my money easy and then used that cash to buy about twice as many moly coated milspec magazines.