PDA

View Full Version : Mini 14 questions???

Sundance
January 23, 2002, 12:55 PM
I see "180 series" associated with the Mini 14 alot. What does that mean? How does it differ from a non "180 series"?

Will any and all Mini 14s accept high capacity magazines? I know current ones are shipped only with a 5 rounder, but will they accept pre-ban high caps?

Sundance
January 23, 2002, 04:18 PM
Still waiting patiently for response...

blackamos
January 23, 2002, 04:30 PM
The 180 was the first series of the Mini-14 and will acept the same mags as the 181-what ever they are now series. The man difference is that on the 181 and later Minis the reciver was beefed up and the bolt hold what turned in to a pin. The 180's are also harder to scope. But all in all about the same gun.

stinger
January 23, 2002, 07:57 PM
chill dude. i noticed that you were a little hasty (rude) about not getting your post answered the way you wanted on another thread as well.

give people time, some do have jobs you know.

stinger

Sundance
January 23, 2002, 08:07 PM
stinger...gee I thought when I saw that somebody responded to my question, it might be an answer...but no it was just you telling me I was being rude...oh well

blackamos...thanks for the answer...that helps

anybody else know anything about these two questions?

stinger
January 23, 2002, 08:12 PM
nevermind...some people just don't get it :rolleyes:

Art Eatman
January 23, 2002, 10:53 PM
Relax, Sundance. Like the fella said, folks don't just sit around and haunt this board. Even those of us with more free time don't always have a ready answer for every question!

:), Art

Art Eatman
January 23, 2002, 11:00 PM
Relax, Sundance. Like the fella said, folks don't just sit around and haunt this board. Even those of us with more free time don't always have a ready answer for every question!

:), Art

Sundance
January 23, 2002, 11:09 PM
I see you Texans stick together...at least you didn't call me "Dude" like Stinger did...OK I'll play nice!!!

And for your info, I find myself looking at only the first screen that pops up. I found my post on the second or third screen and didn't figure alot of people would even see it. So I responded to my own post just to get it back to the top where more people would see it. Sorry if you took my words as rude or impatient. Not intended.

And with some people's posts numbering in the thousands, apparently some people do just sit around and haunt this board.

Gino
January 24, 2002, 10:12 AM
I also think that the series 180 guns don't accept the same stocks as the rest of the Mini 14s do. I know that a bunch of the aftermarket rubber/plastic/polymer stocks don't fit the 180 series Minis.