PDA

View Full Version : value of Argentinian Hi-Power

spleenandideal
January 14, 2002, 11:29 PM
Anyone know the approx. dollar value of a 1962 Buenos Aries Policia Hi-Power 9mm? FN, made in Belgium for Argentina with the Argentine crest on top of slide. Looks to be re-blued by the importer or arsenal, and has very very slight blueing wear on the right muzzle-end of slide. Walnut grips, non-adjustable sights, with a matching hi-cap mag. Serial #08xx and all #s match. Haven't seen these on the market in a couple of years. Thanks!

Norman Bates
January 15, 2002, 06:37 AM
For all I know, what you got is a regular FN imported by Argentina.
My country later on licenced the manufacture of those guns but the first ones were just imported.

LEO hardly ever use their guns for practice and have no practice ammo allowance. Since they have to pay for what they shoot, they try to avoid shooting unless it's an actual crime going on. Then they shoot until they run out of ammo or inocent bystanders.

They do not take good care of they weapons, that goes without saying, so take a good look at parts for wearing and tearing.

NB

Sierra
January 16, 2002, 01:25 PM
I believe some were imported last year and they were advertised for $275 -300. I shot one at a local range and it was of excellent quality and condition. Accuracy was typical for an HP...excellent.