PDA

View Full Version : A sad day..well and kinda happy too, because..

Redlg155
January 12, 2002, 05:27 PM
I got rid of that darned Keltec P32!:mad:

I'm always sad when I get rid of any of my weapons, but this one had to go. The day I bought the thing I went to the range and shot it. Within the first 2 mags full the mag release spring fell out. I fixed that. Then came numerous failures to extract. I did the fluff n buff. Now today I went to the range again and it failed to extract 5 times in 40 rounds. Needless to say that I almost threw the damn thing downrange. Shots were all over the place. At 15 feet I was hard pressed to put my shots in a pie pan sized area. Just to check my self I put the target out at 15 yards and went at it with my .45. Nope, no problems there eating out a ragged hole with the .45. So it's the weapon suffering from inaccuracy. Grrrrr..

I talked to the wife about it and she said.." Well, it's a good thing that you didn't have to use it!" That got me thinking because I've used to for my "dog walking" gun. Well, my Makarov gets her old job back. She's been reliable from day one.

Anyway..I took her to the gunshop, explained my woes and he took it anyway. So that clears my conscience. Instead of buying a new gun I just decided to get stuff for my guns. Now I got stuff, lots of stuff.

Looks like a good trade for me. Stuff for ...I won't say the "S" word.:D

Good Shooting
RED

jearne
January 12, 2002, 07:06 PM
I personally would not own a Keltec, I believe that you get what you pay for! From what I've heard and read Keltecs are not worth owning. Good to see that you got rid of that junker!;)

Makarovs are the exception, extremely low price and extremely good gun!

If you want something to replace this gun, look at the Kahr line of equipment!