PDA

View Full Version : Help with Winchester 1300- PLEEEEEASE!!!

cpileri
January 2, 2002, 12:51 PM
I have just followed the directions carefully (; to diss/reassemble the 1300. Althought it warns not to cycle the action when the trigger assembly and barrel are removed, for fear of dislodging the ejector/ejector spring, i have managed to dislodge the ejector.
I tried "lining them up" and sliding the reassembled action back together, but it wont let the action cycle all the way back.
How do i re-assemble the ejector?
The spring is still sticking out the hole in the breech face. and the ejector "rod" is lined up with it, but does it go flush somehow with the breech face? does it hook on the bolt somewhere? etc.

Also, a fixed pin-like structure protrudes out from the side of the housing, black like the rest of it. It is in line with the ejecctor spring slot and ejector. Should the spring be on it, over it, or under it? should the spring be sticking out of its hole at all?
Where should the ejector bow be in relationship to this fixed pin?

Please give detailed yet "an idiot like Carl can follow them" directions?
Thanks, Carl
[email protected]

David Wile
January 2, 2002, 10:35 PM
Hey Carl,

I don't know where you are in Maryland, but I am just north of Gettysburg, and about a mile and a half south of the big city of Dillsburg. If you would be close enough to make it worth you while, you could bring your 1300 up here and compare it with my wife's 1300 which is still assembled. I also have some exploded view books that may be of help. If interested, geve me a call at (717) 432-8732. I would bet that we just might get it working again.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

buzz11648
January 2, 2002, 10:53 PM
You sure are one thoughtful and helpful guy dave. The forum is lucky to have a dude like you!

cpileri
January 3, 2002, 04:11 AM
Silver Spring, actually.
Nice of you to invite a total stranger to your house with a firearm! :)
My wife wants to do historical Gettysburg soon. But I found a friend here who has an unassembled 1300 and is going to stop by and do just like you said on Saturday.
If that doesn't work out, I may indeed call esp about those exploded view pics!
I tried to check winchester's site about them, but the view wasn't too helpful.
I'll post here saturday if i fix it or not, so you'll know whether or not to expect my call.
Thanks again,
Carl

Al Thompson
January 3, 2002, 07:35 AM
Carl, I did the same thing some time back. IIRC, I had to hold the spring in the right place and move the bolt out/forward enough to hold the spring in place. This was a couple of years ago, so memory is a bit fuzzy.

Giz

Borf
January 3, 2002, 09:09 AM
I also remember sitting there staring at the thing for while (helpful bunch, arent't we :D ). IIRC, there is a manual available on the internet somewhere which clears things right up.

(edit) - oops, it sounds like you have the directions. Sorry.

cpileri
January 3, 2002, 03:29 PM
I am starting to wonder if it may be the ejector retainer pin or ejector retainer screw, possibly come loose from the front. and thus the ejector wont stay in place and perhaps these samll bits have fallen into the slide/forend complex which is preventing its full movement AND preventing my removal of the bolt assy and forend.
When the bolt assembly and forend wouldnt come off initially, i didn't force it, figuring I can just degrease and dry it, then lube it up and be done with one less part to reassemble.
But now I may try to get it loose to see if I have small parts hidden within.
Anyone with more knowledge think this is a good idea?
Any tricks on getting the forend off?
Carl

cpileri
January 4, 2002, 05:50 PM
Figured out the problem: i am missing the ejector retainer.
That "little pin" is the Ejector retainer pin (and it is now bent, and broken).
I have ordered the parts from Winchester/Brownell's, but...
How do i get the head of the broken ejector pin out?????
Please help,
Carl
------------------

Al Thompson
January 4, 2002, 07:45 PM
Sending to gunsmithing - hopefully George can get you up and running!

Giz