PDA

View Full Version : Range report: Ready for first tourney...

New_comer
December 9, 2001, 10:39 PM
Hello, y'all :)

Been to the range with my USP9f again yesterday, bringing along a cache of lead reloads for practice. (Hey, am i not the guy with the keyholing problem just a month ago?!!). Anyway, I was assured by the ammo supplier (a different one this time) that their reloads are stable when used in HKs & Glocks. Just had to give it a try... :rolleyes:

Well, the thing is, it worked good enough to let me enjoy my practice session. After two magfuls, i inspected the barrel for fouling, and as promised to me, there was minimal, if any. Now, i really enjoyed my USP for the first time.

This gun's really growing on me, it feels like its merely an extension of my right hand. Well, that's how i felt it. For the first time, i truly felt that i could "call my shot", especially after i improved my grip using a Hogue Handall. I then experimented on a double tap w/ mag change routine using 3 mags, the gun really felt very good! I was able to hit the A zone quite consistently!) Being a neophyte shooter, i sometimes miss the magwell during mag replacement (is there an accessory to improve that?), but when i got it all right, i was "smokin" the target at 10 yds out! :D sometimes i miss the grip a little (left hand not in ideal position) but hit the c zone just the same (well, it's a skill i have to develop).

Well, next week's gonna be big, since i'm joining my first tournament! I hope i could replicate the good streaks from my session yesterday, but hey, we're all here shooting for the fun of it, eh?:D

Best regards,

New_comer :cool:

WESHOOT2
December 10, 2001, 12:34 AM
Go slow, shoot straight, have fun...........

Kermit
December 10, 2001, 12:56 AM
While prepping for my 1st match, I was told, "you have to go slow to get fast!" How true that was...concentrate on that front sight, make sure everything comes together and then pull the trigger. Practice that until you get proficient and the speed & accuracy will naturally follow :)
Good luck!

blades67
December 10, 2001, 03:13 AM
Nothing like a little competition to humble a shooter.:D

New_comer
December 10, 2001, 09:45 AM
The first time's always a humbling experience, i would agree. The last time i went thru that was at my first golf game. I was brimming with confidence back then, smoking them at the range. Well, after six, i thought i'm a goner. Scored a humbling 126 that time. Strange, it's humbling, but it felt good. A first step...

Can't wait to go thru that varied mix of emotions again!

Wish me luck...

New_comer:cool:

PS: "Go slow to get fast" I'll try to remember that, thanks!:D

Kirk Keller
December 15, 2001, 11:42 PM
Have fun and let us know how it turns out.