PDA

View Full Version : .22 conversions

ZipTieNinja
November 10, 2001, 09:28 PM
I can't be going crazy, I know I saw a .22 rifire conversion kit for the Beretta 92/96 series. Now I can't find any sign of it! Does anyone know where I can get one? I saw the pictures and all! I know its out there, its just hiding at the moment.... It sold for $200 I think, and came with case, slide, spring.... barrel and a mag. Does anyone own one of these? If so, how do they shoot?

I can't be losing my mind, because thats been gone! :D

Has anyone out there even heard of this?

Hope I don't see any more pink elephants on the way home..... ;)

Thanks BTW.

Walt Sherrill
November 10, 2001, 09:33 PM
Check the latest SHOT GUN NEWS or GUN LIST. Ciener has the conversion kits for around the prices you quote. (Ciener may have a website.)

That company makes many of the conversion kits out there -- including most of the ones sold for 1911s, including some that are sold under the manufacturer's own name -- such as Wilson and Kimber.

HarryB
November 10, 2001, 10:35 PM
http://www.22lrconversions.com/

ZipTieNinja
November 11, 2001, 02:15 AM
HarryB,
THANK YOU! I thought I was lossin it! I tried to find that on the web and couldn't do it to save my life...

$220!!! Ouch! Hmmmm 2 cents a rd, or 30 cents a rd.... Those .40's make a bigger bang, but I think the ammo cost is worth it. Thanks again, I am bookmarking the page. ;)

Walt,
That link is for a store that has the Ciener kit, but I can find out more now that I know the brand name, thanks for the heads up.

VictorLouis
November 11, 2001, 12:10 PM
Beretta now has their own kit available. IIRC, it has both a safety lever and the slide lock function that you don't get with the Ceiner kit. Sorry, I wouldn't know where to point you on the internet.:)

dawg23
November 12, 2001, 10:47 AM
Beretta announced a few months ago that they will sell a .22 conversion kit. Not sure of schedule or price. Go to Beretta's web site (I think it's something like berettausa.com)

BEWARE of the Ciener product line, ESPECIALLY their customer service. Go to Glock Talk and run a search on "Ciener". You will find that their kits for Glocks are pretty bad and that their customer service is non-existent.

Lorandun
November 12, 2001, 03:11 PM
id stay away from the conversions and just get a real .22lr pistol. taurus (beretta clone) has a .22lr conversion kit and it is very sensitive to the ammo you feed it. most .22lr ammos just dont have the power to succesfully cycle the slide on it. 90% misfeed. a good 22 pistol wont cost you much more than a kit and it will eat almost any ammo you can feed it (of the .22lr family.. no .45ACP will feed)

Lorandun/NOVA5

Bottom Gun
November 12, 2001, 04:20 PM
I have a Ceiner conversion for my 1911. It works fine and has NEVER jammed. It broke once, but Ceiner fixed it for free with a one week turnaround.
I've owned two Colt conversions in the past. They always worked good too.
This Ceiner conversion is more accurate than the Colts I owned.
I'd buy another.

Alx
May 31, 2006, 11:10 PM
The Conversion kit made by Beretta functions flawlessly, every time, on all my 92 and 96 frames. The barrel and slide are hard steel, seem made just like the regular 9's or .40's ... The safety & hammer drop works fine on the FS models, and on the D models, the safety still works, just not the hammer drop of course. The .22 slide works on full size frames, both the heavy Stainless Steel frames, and the aluminum alloy ones, and is uneversally sized to also fit Centurion frames. The slide comes with its own recoil spring, and functions in blow-back fashion only, not locking block. Thus it is entirely matched to the .22 LR cartridge, and works great, without any mis-feed problems. The magazine comes with a speed loader slider thingy also, for easy magazine charging. Great kit, and I have completely dedicated a 92FS to its use, keeping the 9mm slide and barrel aside for spares or if i ever want to sell the frame with full 9mm setup.
I am awaiting a Ceiner conversion kit from eBay, am curious about its function on the D frames.... since there is no safety lever, I hope it will be just like the original action of the D (double-action only).