PDA

View Full Version : G36 Questions

sox
October 13, 2001, 09:43 PM
Well, I got a new 36 today, shot it and loved it. I traded a 19c for it. Anyway, will the 36 accept the standard trigger parts? i.e.- 3.5lbs. connector? NY1? And finally, how do I get a smooth faced trigger like the original 17? I don't think I can use a 17 trigger, so how well would a do it yourself trigger radiusing job go? Thanks.

lunde
October 13, 2001, 11:04 PM
All Glocks, including the G36, can use the 3.5lb connector. Mine has it. However, there is no factory smooth trigger available for it. At least not yet. Perhaps once Glock releases a full-size slim line in .45 Auto, the trigger will be smooth and interchangeable with the G36.

juliet charley
October 14, 2001, 09:09 AM
Dr. Lunde -

Just out of curiousity, why do you want a 3.5 connector in concealed carry/back-up pistol?

The first thing I usually do is drop a NY1 trigger spring in them, but I leave the 5.5 connector alone (as Glock recommends). I use the NY1 because it's more durable (the 5.5 spring is probably the first part that will break on Glock), I like the trigger pull it give (to me it's "crisper"), and I feel more comfortable with a slightly heavier trigger for concealed carry (where I'm more likely to fumble drawing or returning the pistol to my holster--even with practice--Murphy's Law is irrefutable).

lunde
October 14, 2001, 09:25 AM
I want the lightest trigger pull possible using factory parts. Even with the 3.5lb connector, my Glocks have a heavier trigger pull than my P7s. The P7 is perfectly suited for CCW purposes and has a lighter trigger. The lighter trigger allows me to shoot better (that is, smaller groups), and because shot placement is paramount, this feels like a safer thing to do. While this approach doesn't work for everyone, it works for me.

Once I bought a Glock 35 this summer and experienced its trigger, I decided to retrofit all of my Glocks with factory 3.5lb connectors. That's a lot of 3.5lb connectors. My compact and subcompact Glocks also have smooth trigger assemblies as well, except for my Glock 36 because one is not yet available. I replaced my Glock 35's extended slide stop with a standard one because my "manual of arms" is to rack the slide, not to use the slide stop. I tried the factory extended magazine release, but didn't like it because when carrying concealed it digs into me. I thus replaced the extended magazine release on my Glock 35 with a standard one.

juliet charley
October 14, 2001, 11:29 AM
I guess it really is a matter of taste of taste.

I know I much prefer the "feel" the NY1 trigger spring gives over the standard 5.5 trigger springer even if the trigger pull is heavier. I was mostly just curious. I have never shot a Glock 3.5 so I really cannot compare I have also had 1911s with very light trigger for which I did not care (nor for the trigger pull of the P7) at least for defensive purposes.

I would observe that in terms of carrying the P7 concealed, the "squeeze cocker" would increase my level of comfort tremendously of over 3.5 pound trigger when it comes to drawing and holstering. I carry strong-side behind the hip usually under a tucked and in winter often under and tucked shirt and an outer jacket--it can make for some unusual convolutions with drawing and reholstering even with practice.

1911A1 fan
October 14, 2001, 11:46 AM
Lunde, full size single stack Glock .45! Wrap it up, I'll take it:cool:

lunde
October 14, 2001, 11:57 AM
M1911A1 Fan, see the following GlockTalk thread for more information about a new line of slim Glocks: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38082

Juliet, yep it's a matter of personal taste. I was satisfied with the stock Glock trigger until I bought my first one with a 3.5lb connector as standard (a Glock 35). I really liked its trigger, and first bought a 3.5lb connector for my Glock 20. I liked it so much that I retrofitted all of my Glocks with it. I have heard that adding a NY1 trigger spring in combination with a 3.5lb connector is highly praised. I may try that soon.