PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Sharps Rifles

CITADELGRAD87
September 26, 2001, 01:17 PM
OK, I'll fess up, I saw Quigley Down Under and am in lust with THAT rifle.

Anybody got one? What companies make them, etc. I know Sharps is still in business in some form, but are major bucks.

I already reload, so that's not a problem.

vitiaz
September 26, 2001, 02:41 PM
Try here,

http://www.sharpsriflesales.com/html/accessories.html

You may also want to try one of the online services such as GunsAmerica or GunBroker. The last I heard the backlog from
Shiloh was ~3 years or so.

:p

Rob01
September 26, 2001, 05:56 PM
I've got a Taylor's Sharps #138 and love it. I held it next to my friend's Shiloh Sharps and of course the Shiloh was nicer but mine wasn't far behind and they both shot about the same. Mine was only $700 as opposed to the $3500 he spent for the real Quigley set up. You can check them out at www.taylorsfirearms.com Also if you are looking for a sight for it check out Lee Shaver at www.egunsmith.com He's got some very nice sights that won't break your wallet and work very well.

swsurgeon
September 27, 2001, 01:29 AM
I have the Shiloh Longe Range Express with the 34" barrel and a few upgrades. However, it is not a full Quigley setup. Mine was about $2200. The accuracy and finish of the rifle are both exceptional. Nonetheless, I've seen a lot of nice Sharps reproductions for $700-1200. It mainly depends on how much you are able/willing to spend, how much you will use it, etc. Any decent brand will be a hell of a lot of fun (and the heavy models hardly kick at all with factory level ammo).

Take the plunge and own a piece of history!

Noban
September 27, 2001, 09:56 AM
I have a Pedersoli 1874 Sharps replica that is unreal. The fit and finish are superb and it shoots better than my abilities. You can get them through Cabellas for around $800. Cabellas also sells the Quigly model for around $1200, also made by pedersoli.

Go for it!