PDA

View Full Version : AR muzzle break, accuracy problems?

Strabs
September 19, 2001, 10:18 PM
I've been reading about the various breaks for ARs lately and have narrowed the search down to Kurt's, Wilson's, and lastly the Bushy Y comp. I am not neccesarily in search of a break or compensator, but more of a muzzle protector. I do not like the exposed bore (even though it's recessed) hanging out there waiting to be damaged.
Many times I've seen mentioned that a break will cause the gun's accuracy to slack off. This is obviously a concern, but to what extent will the accuracy fall off?
The particular 16" (dissapator) rifle is strictly irons and will likely never see any use past 300 yds.

Thanks

radom
September 20, 2001, 02:30 AM
They really do not affect the accuracy of the gun unless its a match one hole type of gun but the Bush Y-Comp will make you flinch and jump shooting it. Its like having a 16 inch 30-06 go off in your face for blast. You can get the barrels with a recessed crown from Bush so you do not have to worry about bashing the bore in the end of the tube. The best is the A-2 GI flash suppressor as it brakes the barrel jump and cuts the blast and sound too but as its works well it is a no-no now.