PDA

View Full Version : South African Preban HiPower Mags

Tecolote
September 6, 2001, 08:55 PM
Anyone have any experience with the South African preban HiPower mags? Are they reliable? Any difference between the reliability of the 15 and 17 round mags? ;)

Walt Sherrill
September 6, 2001, 09:12 PM
I bought three from CDNN several months ago and have been using them regularly since. Not the first burp. Great mags at a great price.

Stephen A. Camp
September 6, 2001, 09:23 PM
Hello. I've had good luck with them although they are initially very, very hard to load to anywhere near full capacity. Load 'em with as many as you can and leave them for a few days and things are much better in this regard.

You might find the below-listed link of use:

http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/bhpmagfaq.htm

Best.

9x19
September 7, 2001, 01:01 AM
I have four of the 17 round versions, new in the bag (just sold my only hi-power) that I'll sell for $75 delivered.

Tom B
September 7, 2001, 05:59 AM
I have two but one is still NIW. The other has been 100% reliable but I only load it to 15rds. 9x19 - You have no BHPs left? I am shocked! :eek:

Turk
September 7, 2001, 07:15 AM
I purchased two in May and they have worked perfectly. I have to agree first few loadings they wree a bear to load. Since getting them I've put over 1000 rounds through the HP. The free Mag. loader that came with them helped with the last few rounds. Even now I still use the loader for the last two rounds. I also purchased a 13 rounder from CDNN with a rubber bumper works fine. CDNN seems like a good company good pricing and quick turn around time. Will probably order a couple more when I place my order for the Makarov 12 round mag.

Have a good day.

Turk

Dave R
September 7, 2001, 10:16 AM
Love 'em.

Yeah, they need a break-in to be able to load 17 rounds easily. They are reliable. And if your HP has the mag disconnect intact, the smooth surface of these mags is like a "poor-man's trigger job". Makes the trigger feel much better.

I don't have any experience with the 15-rounders.

9x19
September 7, 2001, 10:50 AM
Tom B,

Are you sitting down?

I don't own any 1911s either, haven't for a good long while...

Glocks on the other hand... I have a few of those... plus a S&W revo or two. :D

Gino
September 7, 2001, 11:49 AM
No more 15 rounders left at CDNN! I just got 2 of the 17 round mags and I'm pretty impressed.