PDA

View Full Version : New 1911 for $285. Is this for real?

Goet
August 28, 2001, 10:11 PM
http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AIM_Pistols_4.html

Is this any good? Anything I should know about this one?

PreserveFreedom
August 28, 2001, 11:11 PM
They don't mention who makes it so it's hard to say. It could be a LLama/FireStorm for that price. If it is, that's a decent price. The problem with a lot of less expensive 1911's is that not all parts are interchangeable. If you want a project gun that you can build on, stick with your more popular brands. If you just want a 1911 for defense and plinking, many of your less expensive models will do just fine.

Las Vegan Cajun
August 28, 2001, 11:13 PM
If it were a fully functional firearm it would have to be shipped through an FFL.

You can add it to your shopping cart give a CC number and your home address and they will ship it to you, I DON'T THINK SO.

There's something that doesn't seem right about this offer. I went all the way through the purchase process until it asked for a CC number and stopped there, and no where does it mention that it has to be sent through an FFL.:confused:

Ding
August 29, 2001, 07:24 AM
It does, AIM just doesn't say it. You're supposed to enter the dealer's name and address in the Ship To: field after sending them a copy of their FFL license. The instructions are on their Help page.

vega
August 29, 2001, 08:50 AM
That is Philippine made 1911.
As you can see the from the slide:
M-1911
.45 ACP MANUFACTURED BY S.A.M
(Shooters Arms Manufacturing)
That handgun is very popular down south.

vega

maxinquaye
August 29, 2001, 10:15 AM
Are those Phillipene jobs any good? Worth buying at all? Wonder if they're legal in PRK :(:mad: