PDA

View Full Version : Radway Green in the white box?

DOCSpanky
August 19, 2001, 09:29 PM
Is it decent, it claims to be to MILSPEC L2A2. Is it reloadable?
Bought some for $3 a box at gunshow this weekend. Either way it beats shooting $12 a box ammo for practice.

Mike Irwin
August 19, 2001, 11:23 PM
Well, if it's the Royal Ordnance Factory Radway Green, it should be Brit. milspec ammo, and should be just fine stuff.

What are the headstamp markings?

EOD Guy
August 20, 2001, 08:18 AM
It's good ammo for practice and very accurate for MILSURP. It is, however, Berdan primed and not easily reloadable.

Nukem
August 20, 2001, 03:17 PM
I have pulled bullets and weighed charges in different lots of this and found 2 gr. variations. The hotter lot kicked like a mule in my HK, hotter than anything I've ever shot in it. The other lots were fine.

YMMV

scottsw1
August 20, 2001, 05:30 PM
I haven't seen it in a white box, but its probably all the same. This ammo has pretty good accuracy and functions fine in my Cetme and FR-8. Only drawback is that it is Berdan primed and may not be worth the trouble to reload but I'm saving all of my empty cases anyway.

Mk VII
August 22, 2001, 02:31 AM
if it has a black spot on the box it's regular grade; if a green spot then it's target/sniper grade.
Of all the Berdan types I have reloaded over the years RG is the worst to deprime.