PDA

View Full Version : Browning Abolt 2

aggiejrc
August 14, 2001, 09:21 PM
Howdy guys...

I was wondering how ya'll like this rifle. I'm thinking of the 30-06 so don't try to talk me out of that. Just give me some of advice on the abolt and the reputation of Browning. Tell me what ya think. Thanks.

aggiejrc

rugerfreak
August 15, 2001, 12:59 AM
Its a good gun----GET IT!!!!!! My .270 Composite Stalker (non-BOSS)would get one-hole groups with Hornady 140gn factory loads. I also have a .243 Micro Hunter on lay-a-way------another month till I have the money to get it out-----I can't wait.

Free-floated barrel----60 degree bolt up lift---detachable mag-----features certain other brands are only now starting to catch up on. Although the extra mags are pretty steep---pricewise. The extra mag is nice to carry a few spare rounds while hunting and not have them jingling around in your pocket-----while I've never had to use the 2nd mag----it's nice to know you have it if needed-----especially if you find your way deep into the woods. Never know what might happen---better to be prepared.

deanf
August 15, 2001, 01:14 AM
I've got a Stainless Stalker in .300 WM. I haven't really shot it enough to wring out the accuracy, but it sure handles nice.

If you're not out for pinpoint accuracy, don't get the BOSS. It works, from what I hear, but it takes some time to get it all dialed in. I have it, wish I didn't.

Poodleshooter
August 16, 2001, 05:31 PM
I agree with dean- if you're a reloader, the BOSS can drive you nutty. A reload sucks right? Nope, twist the barrel-maybe it gets worse, maybe it gets better. Another variable to add to the equation.

MADISON
August 18, 2001, 07:28 AM
Except for the extra cost of scope bases and rings I have no objection.

The wife's Browning A-Bolt in 30-06 will outshoot my Ruger 77 30-06 by 1/8th of an inch at 100 yards.