PDA

View Full Version : For those interested in Kydex for CZ's...

Bandit
August 13, 2001, 03:28 PM
I've been working with Gregg (read as "pestering the hell out of him") of Comp-Tac (www.comp-tac.com) in offering his Gurkha Kydex holster for CZ75's. Today I got an email from him:

Rick,
The "Locking Paddle" and new design "Paddle" Holsters are ready for the CZ. I will work on the "Gurkha" as soon as possible. Should not be long.

Thanks,
G

I'm waiting on the Gurkha, but the "Locking Paddle" looks interesting and I might replace the Fobus I use for IDPA with one..

Stay Tuned..

Rick

Marcus
August 13, 2001, 10:11 PM
Cool we can always use more good CZ carry rigs. :) The Gurkha looks a LOT like my Kytac Braveheart IWB,same design really. Kytac doesn`t make em for CZs either but I just remolded my P-97 Braveheart to fit my 10mm Witness (I have to post pics, it came out great!) and as luck would have it my CZ-75 fits great in it too. I`ve been wearing it daily with the CZ since I got it done and it works great! Comfy,stable and it conceals well under just an untucked T shirt. I`ll bet the Gurkha works just as well. Marcus

glockorama
August 13, 2001, 10:23 PM
Looks interesting. Still, my CZ-75 carries REAL nice in my Fobus.
And it was $20.:) :D

Bandit
August 15, 2001, 09:15 PM
Looks interesting. Still, my CZ-75 carries REAL nice in my Fobus.

The .40 caliber CZ75's don't fit the Fobus as well as the 9mm CZ's do (Slides are thicker at the muzzle)... If you only own a 9mm CZ75 then the Fobus is acceptable I guess :p

Rick

Bandit
August 15, 2001, 11:40 PM
Marcus,

Any Idea what the status of Kytac is lately.. They've seem to of dropped off the face of terra firma..

Rick

Rainbow Six
August 16, 2001, 05:40 AM
I like the locking paddle but I'm not putting any more $$ in holsters until I see whether or not my CZ will be reliable after replacing the extractor. I still haven't gotten the new part from CZ-USA and it's been a week. I'm beginning to wonder. Maybe I expected too much after reading all the glowing reviews of their customer service?:(

If it continues to "fail to extract" after the new piece is installed I will only carry it in the original box, and very rarely that way. If it isn't reliable, it isn't worth a **** to me! I had hoped the problem was related to ammo but it doesn't appear to be. :(

R6

Marcus
August 16, 2001, 08:31 PM
I have no idea what`s up with Kytac,I bought my Braveheart over a year ago and haven`t talked to Dave since. I`ve been meaning to buy more stuff from him but you know how it is...:) RB6, if the extractor doesn`t fix your CZ you may want to send it to their smith,Mike. I understand he`s very good. Defective CZs are very rare but hey anyone can let one slip by once in awhile. ;) Marcus

hoeftjl
August 16, 2001, 09:54 PM
Comp-Tac holsters are great! I have 5 of them. I have a locking paddle for my Kimber and it is really stable even with a non-gunleather belt.

I just got my locking paddle for my HS2000 today. When I ordered it, Gregg said that they were not yet ready. I told him that I needed it the next weekend for an IDPA match. He said he would put in the extra time to get it ready for me. Comp-Tac gives outstanding customer service!

Rainbow Six
August 17, 2001, 06:53 AM
Marcus,

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to get the extractor any time soon. It supposedly shipped on 08/09. It could have been brought by horse to my house in this amount of time. No extractor yet. Even the USPS is not this slow!

I'm beginning to lose my glowing attitude toward CZ. Having one's "experience" with a new gun dampened by a defective part and then not being able to get a replacement part promptly to cure the problem goes a long way toward making one not as quick to recommend that the next guy buy the same gun.

Nobody on this site has given CZ a more glowing review than I have up until now but I'm starting to wonder. We'll see, I guess... I was going to buy a CZ 75 Compact this weekend if CZ Connection has one in stock but I refuse to buy another CZ pistol until I see what my outcome is with customer service on this issue. Man, I really wanted a Compact too.:mad:

Their service will decide whether or not I ever buy another CZ. So far it ain't looking very good. I have been less than 100% satisfied with their service to this point. I cannot say that they went out of their way to get me the part promptly and they still don't have any rubber grips in the USA. [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]? My CZ is useless until it proves to be reliable and the grips that came on it get more obnoxious every trip to the range. Simple things to cure but no help as of yet.

I still think that, if it worked right, the CZ 75B is one of the best guns available, especially for the price. However, if you need parts or accessories I hope you have better luck than I have. :(

R6

Marcus
August 17, 2001, 10:58 PM
RB6 I know exactly how you feel but try not to get too worked up over it and let it turn you off CZs entirely. In my work I deal with parts shipped from all over the country and it`s not all that unusual for one to get "lost" for a little while (a few days or weeks). Once I had a large national carrier loose an item that was 60" in dia and weighed 200lbs.! They never found it and ended up reinbursing me for it,several months later. :( It can also depend a LOT on the individual you talked to. Years ago I started writing down the names of phone sales reps at different companies that were either really great or sucked big so I know who to ask for for good service. The difference is so bad at some companies that if the "good" rep isn`t there that day I`ll buy somewhere else! CZ as a company may have a great service policy but if you ran into some of the above problems you can still get weenied. Sad but true. If I swore off every company I had a problem with at one time or another I`d be out of business because I wouldn`t have any place to get parts anymore. ;) Marcus

Rainbow Six
August 17, 2001, 11:17 PM
Marcus,

I spoke with Mike at CZ-USA. This is supposed to be the "good rep" according to posts on this site and others! :confused:

R6