PDA

View Full Version : Price check: Stainless Ruger Ranch Rifle

KODB
August 8, 2001, 10:58 AM
A friend (hopefully soon to be TFL'er) has a stainless ranch rifle in 223 with about 1000 rds shot that he would like to sell.

Basic price?

With 2 60rd mags, 2 40rd mags (nickel)?

Regards,

Bob

Gino
August 9, 2001, 05:31 PM
Here's are very ballpark figure to get you started:"

NIB Stainless Mini 14 Ranch Rifle: $500 to $550
Fair price for his if it's in VERY nice condition: $400 to $425, if not in very nice condition: $300 to $350 (or lower if really beat up). Hard to tell without being able to see and touch the rifle.

If any of the mags are Ruger factory mags they are worth $50 to $100 a piece. If made by PMI they are worth maybe $35 a piece. If not made by either, worth maybe $40 for all. These are prob crappy aftermarket mags that aren't very reliable. He should prob just sell you the rifle and GIVE you the mags, they really are prob not worth buying. Make sure the gun still comes with the five round mag.

Help this helps,
Gino

Tom B
August 9, 2001, 06:21 PM
Here in Jaw-ga $439.+tax for NIB SS Mini.

DougB
August 11, 2001, 12:48 AM
A friend and I recently ordered a couple of NIB stainless ranch rifles with synthetic stocks. Dealer cost was (I think) about $445 plus shipping. We paid the dealer an additional $30 for handling the deal for us. This beat Walmart and local stores, which sell them for around $500-$550 here. Of course, a standard (non-ranch) Mini-14 sells for $20-$30 less, and I think we paid a little extra for the synthetic stock (although I'm not sure of this). I would say that a used stainless Ranch rifle, in excellent shape, with the Ruger scope rings, would be worth around $400-$450. but that's just my estimate.

I pretty much agree with the previous post about the magazines - if they are Ruger or PMI, they are worth quite a lot. But they probably are another brand, and if so, may not be worth much at all. If you can verify that they work well, then I would say they are worth $10-$20 each. If they don't work well, they aren't worth much (if anything at all). I do have some U.S.A. brand Mini-14 20-round magazines in stainless (or maybe nickel) that work perfectly in my Ranch rifle, so don't automatically assume that all non-Ruger or non-PMI magazines are useless. I haven't had any problems with these USAs and wish I'd bought more of them. They had such a bad reputation that I thought I was probably just throwing money away when I got them.

Doug

scoops
August 11, 2001, 06:03 AM
20 rounders are the handiest imho.followed by 30s.maby a 40 but loose the 60 rounders they hang way to low and add too much weight to the rifle.
id offer 400 bucks

PDshooter
August 11, 2001, 08:18 AM
Save yourself a lot of $$$. Pick up a SKS! Plus a case of ammo!And still spend less then 1/2.

Thats my 2 cents:)