PDA

View Full Version : How Good is the USP Expert?

Nalapombu
August 5, 2001, 01:59 AM
Hey all,
I was looking at the HK website and noticed the Expert. I have not read anything about them and I was wondering how good they really are. Are they worth the 1200 price they are getting for them?

Just Curious.

Nala

Kermit
August 5, 2001, 02:07 AM
I've had mine a couple of months. In a word, "YES!" They are worth every penny.
I sold my Sig 220 to get into my Expert. It too is a 45. The added sight radius over the standard USP, the hand fit barrel, the polygonal barrel, o-ring barrel itself, the adjustable match trigger, and the adjustable sights make this a fine handgun.:cool:

Flattop
August 5, 2001, 10:16 AM
Nala,

H&K's are excellent guns. Are they worth the price? I think yes, but there are very many opinions on this. I almost bought the EXPERT in .45 caliber several months back. The reason I didn't buy it was the price, I didn't have $1,200.00 on hand. I only had $800.00 so I bought the EXPERT's baby brother, the USP .45F. Kermit gives good reasons why the EXPERT is a fine gun, I would add one more reason, all H&K USP's have the double spring recoil reduction system, which reduces the recoil felt by the shooter. I would think if you shoot competetion this would be the gun for you. It has everything you need right out of the box, no need to add/modify anything on the gun. Just buy ammo and have fun.

Flattop

cplane
August 5, 2001, 10:37 AM
Not to mention, The torture testing HK has done on their USP models. Check out their web site . They really put these pistols thru some paces. I couldn't afford the expert, but I did get the Tactical . I have been very satisfied with the performance and quality.