PDA

View Full Version : range report with brand new p-32

snappy
July 21, 2001, 06:17 PM
Got a chance to shoot my new kel tec p-32 today, serial # 42xxx. I am thrilled with the results. I shot 100 rounds of .73 gr. Fiocchi fmj, which is what I plan to carry, without a single hiccup out of this little mouse killer. At 8-10 yds I can get a pretty decent group, with about all shots touching one another. To be honest, I like it better than my NAA Guardian .32. If I would have shot 100 rounds out of the Guardian, My trigger finger would be sore as you know what :D I plan on carrying the p-32 pretty much all the time, as soon as my CCL comes in. With plenty of practice (key word) I feel like I could definately get someone off me, who wants to take 8 shots from a .32 to the head, chest area? Just thought I'd post my $0.02 worth, take care and shoot safe;)
-----------------------------------------------
Ya goin ta pull 'em pistols or whistle dixie?

shooter.45
July 21, 2001, 08:52 PM
Congrats I also have one and love it. I have about 200 rounds thru mine without any probs.. I also Like mine better than my Guardian I use to have got rid of it .. Did not shoot it anymore and was to heavy compared to the P32..

beemerb
July 21, 2001, 09:31 PM
I have about 200 through mine too without one malfuction. Play a little game with yours.Put up a sil target at about 50 yrds and see what you can do with it.Very surprising.

Sweeper
July 22, 2001, 07:40 PM
Have you shot any hollow point ammo yet? Seems like several P32 owners are having problems with some JHP and was wondering whether you are also. I was told that Hornady has pretty good FMJ ammo. I'm getting my P32 next week and was wondering which ammo is best for self defense; any thoughts?

snappy
July 22, 2001, 08:07 PM
Sweeper, haven't shot any hp's through it yet. I really don't plan on using them in my gun, anyway. I like having the fmj's for maximum penetration. The fiocchi .73 gr fmj will get the job done I think. My dealer had several p-32's to choose from, but only one with the hard chrome slide already from Kel Tec, that's the one I bought. I brought it home and immediately took it apart to see if it needed some "fluff & buff" but actually it looked pretty good. I sanded a few areas I saw but nothing major. If you look over at the KTOG'S web site though there are several dissatified p-32 owners, maybe it's luck of the draw, who knows. I think I came out pretty good so far.:cool:

OkieCruffler
July 22, 2001, 09:28 PM
I had over 500 rds of jhp's thru mine before I traded it off. It worked flawlessly with Gold Dots, had some rim lock problems with Silvertips, and the one box of MagTechs I tried were horrid, but I think it was the ammo more than the gun. Tons of light strikes with the Magtech but I never had any light strikes with any other ammo including the case of FN flats that I ran thru it.
The question tho' is will the jhp expand at .32 velocities, and if it does, will penetration be adaquate to hit anything important. As far as fmj's go, I don't think anything is loaded quite as hot as fiocchi.

Mr986
July 23, 2001, 09:48 AM
I've shot a P32 and was impressed with the light weight and trigger. This past weekend a friend bought a Seecamp .32 and paid a multiple of what P32's go for; it looked like a little jewel of a gun but the trigger seemed heavy compared to the P32.
Would appreciate other views on how these two compare. Are the Seecamp's worth than much more than a P32?

Sweeper
July 23, 2001, 07:52 PM
Is anyone using the CorBon ammo in the P32? I understand that it has been redesigned and wondered whether owners are still experiencing malfunctioning problems with the redesigned ammo.