PDA

View Full Version : Another P-11 Range Report

Doug S
July 13, 2001, 07:32 PM
I took my new P-11 out again today and put another 100 rounds of Remington UMC through it. Previously I had some failures to feed, but after polishing the feedramp I was able to put 100 rounds throught the gun with no problems. Today I had no failures to feed, but on about the 73rd round I had one failure to extract. I didn't worry too much about this because I figured (hoped) it was ammo related. I proceeded to shoot the remaining rounds and on the 93rd round the take down pin popped almost all the way out. I had been watching for this because I've read a lot of posts discussing takedown pin problems, but mine (pin) hadn't even come loose in the previous approximately 340 some odd rounds. I am concerned about this because it seems possible that the pins may not just gradually work loose, but may just pop out unexpectedly. Has anyone else had this experience with their Kel-Tec? I really want to like this pistol, but if this keeps up it may go the way of my Taurus PT-111. I just don't seem to read of anything like this happening with the Glock 26 or Kahr pistols.

johnwill
July 13, 2001, 10:02 PM
Keltec should be able to make this right. It's either the spring is not stiff enough, or the ridge in the pin is bad. I'd call them and get them to send you a spring and a new pin and see if that fixes it.

alamo
July 14, 2001, 08:30 AM
I had that happen on mine, a new assembly pin (they sent me 3) & spring fixed it up. 100% ever since.

Marcus
July 14, 2001, 10:06 AM
The truly silly thing about the take down pin problem is that the earlier Keltecs had a slightly different design that worked great! Why they had to mess with it I`ll never know. :( Marcus