PDA

View Full Version : Help with M1 brass ejection

bigbore1
July 3, 2001, 07:06 PM
The brass is supposed to land at 1 o'clock in front of me, why does mine land behind me, and slightly to the right?

Southla1
July 3, 2001, 07:26 PM
You did not say what kind of loads you are shooting. The load has a LOT to do about where the brass lands. If the load is not high pressured dont worry about it. Mine throws different loads in different places. If they are all in one place it shows that the load is consistant anyway.

bigbore1
July 3, 2001, 07:34 PM
Load 1. Greek M2 ball all landed right over my right shoulder in a PERFECT pile in the dirt.

Load 2. My reloads 47.5 gr 748 and 150gr Sierra BTSP. These landed almost 1 foot in front of the Greek ammo at 4 o'clock.

The only reason people can give me so far is that the gun is too dirty or not lubed well enough. An I'm sure that isn't the case.
This is driving me Nuts!

bigbore1
July 3, 2001, 08:16 PM
I just looked at the brass, and noticed that they are all bounciong off the windage knob...
http://63.162.17.235/images/brass.jpg

Lmccrock
July 4, 2001, 09:48 AM
I cannot say if this applies to you, but I recently had a bout with the valve in the gas plug (some call it a screw). It was dirty enough to be stuck. I think it was stuck slightly open, causing a gas leak and some functioning problems.

That having been said, where the brass falls is less important to me than accuracy and reliability. If it shoots well every time, I am happy, especially considering it is a 50+ year old rifle.

Lee