PDA

View Full Version : Intratec Tec-22

Glockster35
June 27, 2001, 10:10 PM
Anyone got one? I have had one since 1994 and love it, never had a problem that wasn't ammo or magazine related.

I want to add a red dot scope to it, but haven't seem a scope base or rings for it, I have seem pictures of them on the web...any ideas?

www.glock19.com
June 28, 2001, 12:19 AM
I always thought they were kinda cool guns.
Never seen a scope on one.
It would be a bear to put on on as the top cover is too thin and it moves.
Maybe you could attach a rail with really short screws and epoxy?
Also with a side mount might work but you would have to remove it to open the gun up.
If you plan on keeping yours for awhile I would get a couple of extra firing pins.
I have had about 6 or so go through the shop in the past four years.Had 3 of those come back with busted pins.
They can be though to find.

Glockster35
June 28, 2001, 07:28 PM
I have seen several on-line that had scopes attached and have a picture of one of them on my work computer. It was attached to the rear sight assembly somehow, but I don't know where else it attached. The bolt moves really close to the underside of the upper receiver so I doubt it was screwed in place.

I was thinking of just getting a ruger 10/22 weaver rail and epoxying it to the top of the upper, then using 22 rings to mount the red dot. I don't know how sturdy it would be, but sounds fun.

I bought this gun right before the Brady Bill came into play, so I have more money invested into it then it's worth on todays market. I would rather epoxy it, then drill holes anyway. If I ruin it I don't care really. It's just fun to have to play with.

Gopher
June 28, 2001, 08:07 PM
Had one but sold it back in 93. Wish I still had it. Mine was one of the early ones that would double or triple at times. It just wouldnt do it on command. :D

Was hurtin for money and sold it at a great loss. It was fun to have a fairly accurate 50 round .22 pistol.

blackdragon
July 15, 2001, 10:31 PM
A buddy of mine has a mount on his; it's a weaver-style removable base, and he has a red dot scope on it.

It is intratec part number 300383; but I cannot find it anywhere - I am unsure if it is a standard base, or one intratec made.

It appears similat to the TO-9 (i think, for the 10/22), but longer, and sticks up higher. There is a portruding edge at the back that skips under the rear site, and the front is angled down for the last .5" or so, with a screwhole that lines up with the front sight adjustment hole, and a longer screw than original screw holding it in place.

It looks factory, not a custom job..and his gun is a post ban - no idea if that makes a difference.

If I find one for mine, I'll post where here...

blackdragon

Glockster35
August 5, 2001, 08:21 PM
Thanks BlackDragon, that would be great.

Can you possibly steal your friends gun for a bit and take a picture of the mount? That might help too.

I was thinking of getting a ruger 10-22 mount and gluing it to my upper receiver.

Would only be for a red dot scope anyway, not anything heavy.

blackdragon
August 5, 2001, 10:37 PM
My friend is out of town til late this coming week, but I'll try to get it off him, and snap some pics.

If there is a standard mount that is long, and tall enough, I'm sure you could use a dremel to make it fit... I just need to find a store with a complete selections of weaver bases...

Attached is a basic diag of how it looked (from memory, but very simple). Sorry, I only have mspaint handy.

The front bevel appears to be more for appearance than function.

http://shadowshouse.com/tec22_scope_mount.png

blackdragon

Glockster35
August 6, 2001, 05:25 PM
Thanks, the pics would be great. I never even though about screwing it in where the front sight screw is, but it looks like it may just be the ticket I needed.

I guess I missed it in your other post.

Elizstoy
July 6, 2006, 11:09 AM
Here is a pic of my TEC bought it new years ago never had one problem with it no jams nothing shoots 50 round clips as fast as i can pull trigger.
http://www.geocities.com/elizstoy/tec1.jpg