PDA

View Full Version : Picked up 39-2! How Did I Do?

JRiggs
June 18, 2001, 04:56 PM
Hello,

Today I picked up the S&W 39-2 that I spoke of in my earlier post. Paid $335.00 out the door, gun is a beauty. It also came with its original box. The gun was made in 1975 and is a strong 98% all around. Just minor handling marks, and slight marks from disassembly and reassembly. Nothing even noticeable. The gun had windage adjustable sights, and included the extra 8 round mag. Gun appears to have only been test fired. Still has factory preservative inside, and no major wear marks on the internals. Barrel still blue. Does it sound like I did ok on this? Thanks.

cocojo
June 18, 2001, 06:49 PM
JRiggs with a name like that I thought you would buy a Beretta 92 for sure. I always like the S&W 39-2 I own one myself. The only thing you should be aware of is that it has no firing pin safety in this gun. That means if you drop the gun on the muzzel it will most likely fire. Second the alumimum frames are not as rugged as newer designs so when your done shooting you will see silver particals when you clean it. Other than that enjoy your gun

Ala Dan
June 20, 2001, 04:23 PM
Greeting's,

Absolutely one of the most beautiful semi-auto's
ever produced. It's only competition in this class
would be the Sig-Sauer P220A. Congrat's on your
purchase J; I know you will enjoy this fine weapon
for many years to come.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member