PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with the Steyr S9?

lunde
May 30, 2001, 11:11 AM
Does anyone here have any experience with the Steyr S9? If so, please comment on reliability, accuracy, and other factors.

CassandraComplex
May 30, 2001, 05:28 PM
Do you even know where to buy one? Or an S40 or S357? I have not been able to find them.

CarbineKid
May 30, 2001, 10:12 PM
I hear they are just as good, if not better than the M series. There isan article in this months combat handguns magazine. Im also considering buying one. My only question is: Does anyone know if you can fit your whole hand on the grip, including your pinky???

sox
May 31, 2001, 12:10 AM
I've got an S9. It is reliable, low recoiling, accurate, and the trigger is sweet. In addition, I really like the fact that there is a safety if you so desire. Overall a nice gun. Size wise it specs out closer to the Glock 26, but in person it is essentially the same size as the Glock 19. As a company, they seem very responsive. It will be awhile I think before S9's come in and bit longer before the 40. Apparently, Steyr is up for sale and these proceedings are ongoing. GSI is the importer and feels they will still be with the change of hands. I am looking to trade mine for a Glock 36 in the Atlanta area. The Steyr rubs my thumbs knuckle and its just annoying. Best.

CassandraComplex
May 31, 2001, 04:43 AM
Are you sure you have an S9 and not an M9? The M9 is the one that should be the same size as a Glock 19 (I have handled many Steyr M9's and they are almost exactly the size of a Glock 19).
The S9 on teh other hand is going to be smaller than the M9 and I am not sure if they are even on the shelves yet. I have never seen one and I have been looking, hard.

Tracer
May 31, 2001, 06:20 AM
I believe Doc Walther 214 542 4416 has them for $419.

sox
May 31, 2001, 03:38 PM
Cassandra, the S9 on the side of my slide gives it away, yeah they are out there already. Have you held one? Side by side with a G19? I suggest you do so,and you will come away with the same conclusion- that gee it looks smaller on paper. You see, I think everone measures the guns a little differently and so there is some variation in actually sizes. The S9 is closer in size to the Glock 19/23 series.

CarbineKid
May 31, 2001, 11:14 PM
Sox. Im hoping you could answer a question for me. Is the grip more like the baby 26, or is it more like the 19? I was leaning towards the M series, but if I can fit my hands on the S, I may go that route. I hate it when my the grip is too short.
And additional info will be appreciated
Thanks
Brian

sox
June 1, 2001, 09:35 AM
I have big hands, and it is an essentially a fullsize grip, in that, you can get a three fingers on it unlike the 26. Glock could have done a lot better with a similar grip for the 26 instead of all that magazine add on crap that out there. Oh well.

CarbineKid
June 1, 2001, 03:08 PM
Thats what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I can not find one around here, and I would have to order/buy one to see it, and it would be too late if it didnt fit. Your infomation was very helpful
Thank You