PDA

View Full Version : CZ Question for Joe Klug

Tom B
May 28, 2001, 06:06 AM
You being the CZ guru have you shot the CZ40 yet? Impressions? Thanks.

Point Blank
May 28, 2001, 01:35 PM
Hmmm...must be election year!! Dont see Joe postin much anymore.

mbott
May 28, 2001, 05:59 PM
You might look for Joe over at the United Forums CZ Forum http://www.unitedforums.com/cgi-bin/czfcgi//Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true or at tne new CZForum.com at http://pub69.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792

--
Mike

VictorLouis
May 29, 2001, 07:11 PM
over on the new http://www.czforum.com :)

Joe Klug
June 4, 2001, 11:38 PM
Tom,

Sorry for the late reply. Been so busy lately that I haven't checked in here for a while.

I've not had the opportunity to try a CZ40 yet at the range. I have held on to one in a shop though. Personally, I didn't like the way it felt in my hand anywhere near as much as the CZ75 series. With the straight backstrap it doesn't point as naturally for me.

Between that and my lack of desire for anything in .40 I didn't consider it any further. If I was interested in something in .40 I would be going nuts waiting for the new CZ melt which will be the .40 version of the PCR.

Joe

Ben
June 5, 2001, 12:08 AM
Can't you order a CZ Melt at that Hardey's? ;) Actually, I liked the LOOKS of the CZ-40, but that PCR is what takes the cake in my opinion. Do you think they'll have to bulk up or strengthen the PCR in order for it to reliable fire 40's? I'm thinking that's a gun that would be great, but not a lot of fun to shoot in 40. 9mm seems to be the prime caliber for that gun. Just like that KT I bought, there's no way I'd want a bigger caliber for that thing. But it's a great little gun with the right ammo. This coming weekend is looking busy.

Ben

Richard
June 5, 2001, 12:38 AM
I have large hands and I like the feel of CZ40 in them. I am not a big fan of the 40 S&W but this pistol interests me. I would have bought one the other day if I didn't have other projects eating up my money. Regards, Richard

Bullshooter
June 5, 2001, 06:41 AM
I bought one about a month or two ago. At $290 I couldn't pass it up and I was on a .40 S&W spree. All things considered I really enjoy the pistol - kind of a cross between a 1911 and a CZ75. My biggest complaint is that the trigger has way too much creep in it. But the pistol has functioned perfectly throughout the (about) 700 rounds I've put through it and it's as accurate as I am (which ain't saying a hell of a lot).

Gremlin
June 5, 2001, 09:39 AM
When I held a CZ40, the first thing to come to mind was not a 1911, but rather a Smith & Wesson 5904 I used to own...

"Used to own" being the key portion of that statement. I didn't like it much after I shot it a while. I don't get the feeling that I'd like the CZ40.

When you've got one of the finest grips in the business--the CZ75--why mess with success?

Joe Klug
June 6, 2001, 08:49 PM
Ben,

The CZ "melt" in .40 is basically a beefed up PCR as I understand it. There are photos on CZ's web site but the pistol won't be released until later this year.

Joe