PDA

View Full Version : 9mm 127 grain SXT for PSP?

buzz_knox
May 21, 2001, 02:35 PM
I've found a good deal on 9mm SXT (the ostensibly LEO only version) and I thought this would be a good round for my P7 PSP and Glock. I know the Glock will handle it. Are there any counterindications as far as the HK is concerned?

Stephen A. Camp
May 21, 2001, 08:27 PM
Hello. I've shot "hot" handloads and factory +P 9mm out of my PSP P7 for years with no problems. I have NOT fired the load you mention, but THINK it is likely OK.

Best.

George Helser
May 22, 2001, 03:36 AM
buzz_knox,

The neat thing about the PSP is its retarded blowback system uses pressure from the cartridge. The higher the pressure of the round, the higher the pressure resisting the
slide. High pressure ammo should not cause the slide to hit the stops unless your gas port is blocked.

I have a PSP with the “original springs” and shoot mainly 115 gr bullets at 1300 to 1340 fps. I have logged 3928 rounds and I think this ammo is more powerful than the Win.
127 gr +P+ SXT.

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

buzz_knox
May 22, 2001, 07:49 AM
George, we keep bumping into each other. :)

In case you TFLers are worried about my having a blocked gas port, rest assured, I don't. I eat a lot of fiber so it's not a concern. ;)

George Helser
May 23, 2001, 03:44 AM
buzz_knox,

I do not know what a "TFLer" is.

I was trying to give some practical advice. The response you gave was something I would expect from a truck driver on a CB radio. What is your point?

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

WESHOOT2
May 23, 2001, 07:07 AM
Really admire your sense of humor.

Agree with your choice of 9mm ammo (I prefer the R-P 115g JHP bullet, but the W-W obviously feeds flawlessly in your gun).

10-4?

buzz_knox
May 23, 2001, 07:28 AM
My deepest apologies, George. As for my truck driver sense of humor, consider it a reaction to having spent 7 years at Vanderbilt, surrounded by pompous, stuck up snobs.

In case you had not noticed, a "TFLer" is slang for a member of thefiringline.com, the forum you're posting to.

hickman
May 24, 2001, 10:34 AM
Hi Buz, I understood your humor, perhaps because of my proximity to VU as well. Seriously, I have shot that ammo in a couple of P7s so you shouldn't have a problem.