PDA

View Full Version : What year/years did S&W Import the model 1600 Husquvarna Lightweight

MAD DOG
May 20, 2001, 09:30 PM
I can find no info on this S&W import stamp on the Husky websites. Several companies brought them in, but no evidence of S&W... Caliber is 30-06 if that makes a difference.
I know the Husky weapons went out of production in 1967.
The 1600 lightweight was made between 1957 and 67 evidently, but I can find no info on when S&W brought them into the country.
Maybe mine is a fluke, early dealer sample, or something weird like that?

Chulain
May 20, 2001, 11:03 PM
I don’t suppose you are willing so sell that HVA 30.06 are Ye? :)

They are wonderful firearms. My father used to have one years ago that he bought whilst in the Army over in Europe. They were also made in 1955. (I know because that is the year he bought it there.) I grew up shooting that gun and it was always my favorite.
What does it say on the barrel? Husqvarna Vapenfabriks A.B. 30.06 U.S. ? It probably has a flip down sight and a barrel shroud, yes?

I have never seen one with a S&W import mark however, so that is rather interesting.

In Liberty,

Chulain

Mike Irwin
May 21, 2001, 12:10 AM
Dog,

According to my "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson," the 1600 was actually a model number assigned to the Howa guns, not the Huskies.

The Huskies were assigned letter models, from A to E.

I hate to tell you this, but the A is listed as weighing 7 pounds, while B through E are all listed as weighing 6.6 pounds.

What kind of stock does yours have?

A and B had Monte Carlo stocks, C had a straight-back stock, and D and E had Mannlicher-style stocks (I've never see one of these).

They're listed as having been imported from 1969 to 1972.

Chulain
May 21, 2001, 05:17 AM
I beg to differ :)

Correction:

Husqvarna model 4100 Lightweight.

A bolt-action sporting rifle manufactured in a variety of calibers with a 24” barrel, walnut stock with a schnabel forend tip, and pistol grip cap. Manufactured between 1954 and 1972.

If it has express folding sights then it is the model 6000 Lightweight, which was made between 1968 and 1970.

In Liberty,

Chulain

Poodleshooter
May 21, 2001, 10:31 AM
WHOA Can someone give me a link for details on the various Husquvarna rifle models? My dad had one in 7mm Remington Magnum during the sixties/seventies. He had to sell it when I was born, unfortunately......

Mike Irwin
May 21, 2001, 11:57 AM
Chulain,

Who are you differing with?

MAD DOG
May 23, 2001, 10:46 AM
Stats on the rifle in question:
Six pounds, ten ounces
20" barrel, very slim taper.
Blonde walnut monte carlo stock, clear lacquer, nice checkering.
Express type three leaf rear sight mounted on barrel, ramp front.
High polish blue.
No model number on weapon, I got that off of a Husky site, could be wrong I suppose.
Apparently unfired, in "as new" condition.
S&W Logo on top of front ring of action, Husquavarna logo on barrel.

[Edited by MAD DOG on 05-23-2001 at 12:06 PM]