PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy gun logo clothes?

notbubba
April 27, 2001, 04:01 AM
Where's a good place to buy gun logo clothes?
Hats and T shirts with Sig,Glock,H&K,or Beretta logos?

Joe D
April 27, 2001, 07:21 AM
A word of caution on gun logo items. When you wear them you are advertising that you are a gun owner. It is real easy for the bad guys to figure out where you live and relieve you of your guns.

Dave R
April 27, 2001, 03:42 PM
One option is the Manufacturers' websites. Most of 'em offer their logo-wear there.

shooter22
April 27, 2001, 04:43 PM
This lady does embroidery, nothing name brand that I know of.

But, she does great work.

Contact Idette Jones at [email protected]. Also:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=302253&a=11344240

SHIRT PRICES INCLUDING:
SS DENIM SHIRT:
M-2XL - $25
3XL-4XL - $28
LS LIGHT OR DARK DENIM:
S-XL - $27
2XL-3XL - $30
4XL-6XL - $32
LS LIGHT DENIM SHIRT:
LT-XLT - $27
2XLT-3XLT - $30
4XLT-6XLT - $34
SS POCKET T-SHIRT:
M-2XL - $18
Ash Gray, Black, Forest Green, Maroon, Navy, Orange, Red, White
3XL - $20
Ash, Blk, Wht, Org, Nvy, Red
SS T-SHIRT:
M-2XL - $18
Ash, Blk, F.Gr, Maroon, Natural, Nvy, Red, Org, Wht, Olive Gr, Eggplant
3XL - $20
Ash, Blk, F. Gr, Maroon, Nat, Nvy, Org, Red, Wht
4XL - $22
Ash, Blk, Wht
LS T-SHIRTS:
M-2XL - $18
Wht, Ash, Blk, Nvy, Red, F.Gr, Maroon
POLO PIQUE SHIRTS:
S-2XL - $26
Blk, Denim, F.Gr, Ash, Khaki, Nat, Nvy, Red, Wht, Maroon, Sage Gr
3XL-4XL - $30
Blk, F.Gr, Nat, Navy, Wht
POLO Jersey Knit W/Pocket Shirts:
M-3XL - $26
Blk, F.Gr, Maroon, Navy, Red, Grey, Wht
SWEATSHIRTS:
S-2XL - $22
Wht, Ash, Blk, F.Gr, Mar, Nvy, Nat, Red
3XL - $25
Wht, Ash, Blk, F.Gr, Mar, Nvy, Red
POLAR FLEECE w/1/2 Zipper:
S-XL - $34
Slate Blue, Blk, Oatmeal, Red, Yellow, Navy, F.Gr, Dk Gray
2XL-3XL - $38
same colors as above
MICROFIBER WINDSHIRT, V-neck Trim, W/Mesh Lining:
S-2XL - $37
Plum/Blk Trim, Blk/Putty, Navy/For, Putty/Nvy, Solid Blk
3XL-5XL - $45
same colors as above
LTall-2XLT - $42
Blk/Putty, Plum/Blk
BASEBALL STYLE DENIM JACKET w/Khaki Sleeves, quilted lining:
S-2XL - $52
3XL-4XL - $55
5XL-6XL - $63
LTall-2XLT - $54
3XLT-4XLT - $60
5XLT-6XLT - $64
I think that covers it.
IF you want JUST 1911Forum.com (no gun) design, subtract $5 from each price.
Add $3.00 for name/handle, etc on right side.
Add $3.50 S/H or $5 for multiple order

this is info for the 1911forum.com, But she will work with other people also.

shooter22

jdstone
April 27, 2001, 08:24 PM
I just saw a film where several BGs -- convicted felons were being interviewed in prison -- stated that "if they knew a house was occiupied by an armed homeowner" they would avoid that house like the plague. One even described how he pissed on himself when "accidently" confronted by an armed homeowner.

BGs are generally cowards and are scared of armed home owners.

--John

Tall Man
April 30, 2001, 12:05 PM
While I do enjoy sporting the logo of a preferred brand, Joe D. makes a good point regarding the perils of advertising. I would love to place a "I'm the NRA" sticker or other such paraphanelia on my vehicle. Personally, though, the Tall Man likes to err on the side of caution. Not every goblin will be as, dare I say, conservative as the fellow discussed in jdstone's post.

That being said, there is one place where I feel secure in announcing my possession of certain tangible commodities. There is a red and white sticker on one of the entryways to my house. The text contained therein is unambiguous:

WARNING -
This property is protected
by an armed American citizen.
Absolutely nothing in here
is worth dying for.

:D :D

Thank you, local gun shop!

Tall Man

Armed.

Dave R
April 30, 2001, 12:07 PM
I enjoy disposing of good targets, plinking leftovers, etc. in my trash. I figure word will get around that a shooter lives here.

Double Naught Spy
April 30, 2001, 04:54 PM
I like to wear logo stuff to the range, but not while I am out and about. As a cop friend explained to me as to why he doesn't wear one of his SWAT or POLICE training shirts is because in any given situation, he may not have total awareness. If he is standing in line in a bank or store and a bad guy comes in, intent to rob the place but sees the shirt, the first thing for the bad guy to do is to shoot the person who poses the greatest threat, and that is the person with the POLICE shirt, or in our case, with the HK, Glock, Colt, or Kimber shirt.

I don't worry so much about someone burgling my home as I have good insurance, but I do worry about them actually harming me. Insurance replaces items, not lives.

4V50 Gary
April 30, 2001, 08:48 PM
Concur with Double Naught Spy and others about wearing gun logo clothing. Don't recommend it if you're CCW as you don't want to draw attention to yourself. Be invisible and blend in with the rest of the targets.

I've got some gun logo stuff, but like others, wear it on the range, trade shows (cop conferences) & training classes. Mind you, if you live in a "normal" place, it would be entirely acceptable and my expressed reservations need not apply. But if you're in the big "liberal" city, you don't.

Oh, in response to the question, clothing with logos may be had from virtually any manufacturer. As suggested above, go to the website of any manufacturer and you'll find it. I'm not ashamed to say I bought a S&W leather belt (had a nickel size S&W logo impressed on the belt) for $20. Used my uniform allowance to pay for it & also have armorer's shirts (and have been offered $ for it at gun shows).

old_yout
May 2, 2001, 09:48 PM
I might suggest ebay. Through them I got a Ruger license plate.

Speaking of which, and in reference to the above metioned possibility of bad guys tagging me as a gun owner and doing terrible things to me:

The Ruger logo on my license plate (I've put it on the front of my white car, the plate is white with the red bird on it), I think, is fairly obscure. I would think that only people owning Rugers would recognise it for what it is. Or is that just my imagination? I mean, all it says is SR, not the actual name of the manufacturer. Right?

geegee
May 4, 2001, 09:40 PM
Try SOG Sales http://www.sogsales.com. They show up at quite a few Texas gun shows-should have what you're looking for. geegee

Brasso
May 5, 2001, 01:14 AM
You guys really are paranoid! Somehow I don't think that a possible killer is going to walk into a place and look to see if anyone is wearing a gun logo shirt or hat so they can shoot them first. Aside from that, if a BG thinks you have a gun they are more likely to avoid you, not pick you out of a crowd of unarmed people to mug. JMO.

Pirate
May 5, 2001, 05:26 AM
Where did you get that sticker?I've been looking for a normal sticker like that to place on the front door window.All you ever see are the cliche'd "this house protected by S&W" or "anyone found here at night will be found here in a.m."

Tall Man
May 8, 2001, 04:39 PM
Pirate -

As I stated in my initial post, I obtained this sticker (several of them, actually) at a gun shop a few miles from my house.

I like it because:

1. It DOESN'T contain the overused sentiments that we are so used to seeing.
2. It's in the shape of a shield, which draws attention to it, just as...
3. ...the red lettering on the white background also catches the reader's eye.
4. It represents the occupant(s) as patriotic and responsible. Which of course, I am.

Short of successfully locating this item at any of your local gun shops, you may want to make one yourself. Use your PC's clip art software, and get an Avery full-sheet sticker (your sticker just won't be adhesive on the surface, as mine is.) Use the high-resolution setting on your printer, if applicable. You're already in possession of the preferred text...now you just need to arrange it in a manner that suits you. Good luck.

Tall Man