PDA

View Full Version : Trade 92FS for Glock17?

taco
April 25, 2001, 06:16 PM
I can trade my almost new Stainless 92FS with 2 high cap mags for a friend's almost new Glock 17 with 1 high cap mags. An even trade. Is this good trade?

I already have 4 Glocks and a second Stainless 92FS so I don't need another Glock or a Beretta but my brother wants me to buy him a Glock 17 and I'm not willing to part with mine so I would rather trade away the Beretta.

GunreviewWebmaster
April 25, 2001, 08:33 PM
I would not trade a Beretta for a Glock 17. I have nothing against Glocks, but I have experienced the most problems with two models: the G17 and G23. The other Glocks have given me less problems. YMMV

VonFatman
April 25, 2001, 10:42 PM
My experience with the G17 has been flawless. I believe the deal slants a little in favor of your friend. I can buy a G17 for 469.00 NIB with no hi-caps. I can buy a new 92FS stainless for around 5-525.00. New drop-free G17 hi-caps run 79.00 at CDNN Investments. New Beretta hi-caps can be purchased for around 50-60. I do not think it's a bargain, but it's really not that bad a deal if you want to do it...deals are not always about price. Both are premium guns with great reputations.

[Edited by VonFatman on 04-26-2001 at 05:23 PM]

Tamara
April 25, 2001, 11:01 PM
Reliability: Probably the two most reliable 9mm autos on the planet. Barring a lemon or a bad mag, you could grow old and die waiting for either one to jam on you.

Accuracy: Provided your hands fit it, probably a slight edge to the Beretta due to the more conventional trigger.

Durability: Outside of "Stupid Pistol Tricks" like running it over with a truck, etcetera, the 92 inox should stand up to the vicissitudes of everyday life every bit as well as the anvil-tough Austrian wunderpistole.

Dollar Value: Ah, here's the rub. The Italian iron is worth some $30-$70 more than the drastic plastic. If it's for a gift for your brother and the trade is with a good friend, consider eating the small trade value difference as part of the gift.

2kiddad
April 25, 2001, 11:46 PM
Keep your Beretta and save your pennies for a Glock. I have an Inox 92FS w/ 2 Factory Hicaps. I also have a Glock 34. The Beretta is my favorite pistol to shoot. The Glock is more accurate, but the Beretta just feels "right".

My philosophy is never, ever get rid of, trade or sell a pistol. You'll regret it. Keep the Beretta.

.357SIG
April 26, 2001, 04:20 PM
A Stainless Beretta costs more than any Glock, at least in my area. The 2 mags make it even more valuable. I'd save my pennies if I were in your position.

jtduncan
April 26, 2001, 07:06 PM
Can I be your brother too?

It sound like a fair swap. I'd do it!

HokieShooter
April 27, 2001, 06:54 AM
I think your brother needs a job!!!

HokieShooter
April 27, 2001, 06:55 AM
There was supposed to be a smiley after my last post as i was making a funny.

Bob Locke
April 27, 2001, 10:33 AM
I'm a Glock guy who personally doesn't really like Beretta's. That being said, I wouldn't make the trade. He'd be getting over on you for about $100 from what I can see. Ask him to toss in some cash to offset it.

taco
April 30, 2001, 05:22 PM
I got it done yesterday.

I got a brand new (instead of almost new) Glock 17 with one hi-cap and 2 standard 10 shot mags for the Beretta and 2 hi cap mags. I guess I could have done better but my brother wanted a Glock 17 and I could not resist getting him one.

By the way HookieShooter, my brother is not a leech in any way ;) He just graduated with his PhD. last week and is a little short on cash right now after paying his school to spend on guns and I wanted to get him something as graduation gift. I'm very proud of his academic accomplishment. Hey jtduncan, no you can't be my brother too ;) I still have more brothers and sisters in school and they all want a "gift" when they graduate. Can't afford to add another one to the list.