PDA

View Full Version : Kmart have 30-06 Remington 700 ADL Syn for $269

UK2TX
April 20, 2001, 11:52 AM
Hello Chaps,

Thought I'd share this, the Big Kmart at Reseach Blvd, Austin, TX have a couple of 30-06 Remington 700 ADL Syn for $269 each left in their gun cabinet.

Regards,

UK2TX

Bruegger
April 20, 2001, 12:00 PM
That's about $100 less than ususal.

MadScientist
April 20, 2001, 12:04 PM
yikes! I hope the value of the hardwood stocks is higher because I sure paid more that $369 for my ADL in .30-06 (with hardwood stock)

UK2TX
April 20, 2001, 12:14 PM
They only have two left, both synthetic stock. They carry very little of anything and I'm guessing that since they are 30-06 Texans just don't want them ( not big enough LOL ).

UK2TX

Bruegger
April 20, 2001, 12:36 PM
MadScientist - yes, the $369 is the usual price for the synthetic stocked ADLs only.

Bogie
April 20, 2001, 01:27 PM
Methinx that someone may have made a typo somewhere, and some lucky shooters will be able to take advantage of it...

WalterGAII
April 20, 2001, 08:26 PM
I've seen similar deals at Wal-Marts. They're just trying to get rid of slow-moving inventory.

Blue Duck357
April 20, 2001, 08:40 PM
Don't do it! I bought a Remington 30-06 ADL synthetic from Walmart for $330 about 3 years ago and (excepting the Yugo 48) have not bought another rifle since. Most are very accurate, reliable and the catridge will handle anything you will ever likely hunt. If you buy it what in the world excuse would you have to purchase more rifles. You'll just end up like me posting about the .357 Sig on the Semi-Auto forum, with nothing to talk about over here.

Blue Duck

UltimaSE
April 21, 2001, 04:27 PM
Anyone know if they ship, and anyone know their phone number? That price is so much lower than anything I've been able to come even close to, but then again I'm in california so that might explain it. Idealy I would be looking for something similar in .308 but this is just almost too good to pass up.

UltimaSE

Karsten
April 21, 2001, 08:38 PM
UK2TX, Humm.....I lived in Texas for about 4 years. I didn't think there was nothin big enough in Texas to hunt with the 30-06. Then darn large dogs with horns you guys call deer otta just drop with say a Mini 14 ;)
Just gotta give you guys grief when you all think everything is some big yet you got stuck with the littlest, cutest full grown Bambi's I ever saw :p

Ya do have the biggest Walmarts I ever saw though and I liked them.

Karsten

[Edited by Karsten on 04-22-2001 at 06:58 PM]

Art Eatman
April 21, 2001, 09:26 PM
Karsten, as long as you're talking about a lot of the CenTex hill country, you're correct.

You get off in that brush country south of Santone/Uvalde, they've got white tails that'll dress 180 and up, with spreads (by photo) that'll run ears' width plus four to six inches, each side. (It ain't cheap huntin', either!)

I saw an ad in the Texas Wildlife Association's magazine for a ranch with a buck they've named "Heart Attack". His horns are so big his head looks real small. I'd guess a 30" or 32" spread. 12 or 14 points. He'd maybe field dress 200 or more.

I saw a mule deer buck out here a few years back that doggoned near gave me a heart attack. Around a 30" spread; he was an old, pot-bellied Grandpaw. Looked like he'd dress out around 225 to 250...

My lst mule deer, I neck shot him with my '06 at about 30 yards. The bullet didn't exit. That same load has blown right on through many a 110-pound white tail's body.

:), Art

Karsten
April 22, 2001, 06:19 PM
Art,
I really don't know where my Nieghbor shot them but he was really proud, mounted them and all. He was a great kid but he used to get so mad when I gave him crap about the cute little critters. Ya gotta admit, coming out of Colorado and Utah.....Them little Texas deer are cute ;)

You know ya gotta keep Texans in check or they would have there own county if they could :p
I mean geez, look how well they hide the post offices...Most of them are in the alley behind Wally World's Hypermarts
Karsten

UK2TX
April 22, 2001, 10:04 PM
Karsten,

You're correct about the deer, however the hogs are much bigger. Have a look at http://www.texasboars.com/hunting~index.html to see what I mean.

Regards,

UK2TX