PDA

View Full Version : Para-Ord 6-.45 LLDA

VIEJO
April 20, 2001, 06:19 AM
Greetings.
A friend recommended this gun to me when I mentioned my desire to own a factory, single stack 45 auto in sub compact size.

Do any of you have first hand experience with these pistols?

I have been a longtime user of 1911s and am a recent convert to the Hi-Power, thus all my experience is with single action auto pistols. I'm willing to give the double action a shot, but am hesitant to spend 800-850 dollars on an unknown (to me) entity. My state becomes will-issue CCW legal in three months and I like the 1911s and my HPs but the S/A carry mode, that is cocked and locked seems to lend itself in my case, to a thumbsnap holster and heavier clothing.

So, any first hand accounts out there? I would appreciate any info that you can pass along. Thank you.

Viejo

GSB
April 20, 2001, 05:00 PM
You might want to think about getting the slightly larger 6.45 LDA (one less "L") single stack, not to be confused with the full sized 7.45 LDA. The reason is that the LDA accepts standard 1911 mags. There is a litte footnote in Para's catalog that notes that the LLDA does not accept standard 1911 single stack mags. This could be an issue both in regards to magazine price and availability of better performing mags if the factory mag proves unreliable.

I did get to dry fire a full size LDA in the store a while back. I liked the action a lot. Some people don't. I'd see if your shop will let you handle one.

I will buy a 6.45 LDA for carry myself if I find any good reliability data on it.

Recon
April 20, 2001, 07:40 PM
The LDA trigger is sweeeeeeet!! I just picked my p-16 LDA limited up last Sat. I cleaned and lubed it at the range, sighted it in and shot a match. No jams and it holds a 1-1.5 inch group out to 20 yds off hand. Those were the sight in groups and i was still getting used to the trigger. It just replaced a C&L SA .45 as my new off duty carry gun. You can't go wrong with 17 rnds. of 155 gr. Fed. Hydra-shoks. The trigger is about 4.5 - 5 pounds. EGW will take it down to about 3-3.5 next week. I think this gun will give the Glocks and some other DA guns one hell of a run for the money.

GSB
April 20, 2001, 08:08 PM
Recon, I'd love to hear a reliability assessment from you after you've put a few hundred rounds through it. I am very keen on the LDA, but would like some reports from the front lines.