PDA

View Full Version : F.N. Police model?

CSOs ROCK
March 24, 2001, 04:08 AM
I've just recently seen an ad for this at something like $250. Is this a good deal? Or should I save my money for an 870 Marine Magnum. I've been thinking of getting an MM for a while because of the 870s rep. But I am keeping an open mind.

Can any of you guys help me?

Al Thompson
March 24, 2001, 06:13 AM
I've handled one, not bad. It's a Winchester 1300 with a different stamp on the barrel. The one I handled had choke tubes.

What are you going to use it for? That usually drives the decision making process. :)

Giz

Badger Arms
March 24, 2001, 10:03 PM
I'd go for the Winchester... I mean FN one myself. The Marine Magnum is nice, but you are paying for nickle plating on that one and that's it. The 870 is a nice gun too, so you might wanna look at the 870 express also.

General Tso
March 25, 2001, 12:51 PM
I was looking at these recently myself. I've had two Defenders and was very pleased with them. I liked the setup on these ones as they had rifle sights and a screw in choke right from teh factory. The fact that they were an "FN" shotgun amused me too.

I asked about them recently at my local shop though and they claimed that FN was only selling them to LEO's. If that's untrue I'd be interested in picking one up myself, especially if they are around $250.

Here's FN's site on them:

http://www.fnmfg.com/lawenf/shotgun/shotmain.htm

General Tso
March 26, 2001, 11:31 AM
I just got a call from my local shop today. They just got a flier in from a distributor that does indeed have the FN Police shotguns for sale. Price they were qouting was around $350 though.

For $250 I think they'd be a pretty good deal, not so sure about $350. I can get a Ghostringed Mossberg 590A1 for not much more and am in the ballpark for a riflesighted rem 870 Police at that point too.

I leave for my 2 weeks annual tour Friday though so any decisions for me will be on the back burner until I get back. I did ask them to check into the particulars on the FN in teh meantime though.