PDA

View Full Version : something strange is happening to me

cobraman
March 13, 2001, 12:02 PM
Oddly enough I no longer have a passion for new in the box semi autos. For some reason I have now drawn to fixer upers. I would to purchase an aim Hi power if they become available again and maybe some old used 1911 or Police trade in Sig 220.
In fact I am thinking about selling two of 4 guns I have ever bought brand new. A sig 232 and a Kimber Compact. Neither have been shot in almost a year. Maybe I just prefer guns with a story to them? Or am I crazy?

March 13, 2001, 12:41 PM
Yes you are crazy. If I had my say about it, you would have a passion for new in the box guns and fixer upers. Never, repeat never sell a gun. You will definitely regret it later, and you never know if you can ever get another one. It may be illegal to buy any gun, it may be illegal to import the one you want, the company may discontinue that model....................
I bought one of the AIM Hi-Powers and am in the process of fixing it up right now. I don't have the money to spend $1600 to have one of the nationally known Hi-Power smiths work on it for me, so I am doing this on a moderate scale. I got some of the C&S parts installed; hammer, trigger, sear...... I have ordered a Bar-Sto barrel. I ordered a set of Millet night sights for it. Finally I am going to get it refinished. I don't know how I am going to refinish it, but right now it is looking like I am going to send it to Wilson for their gimmick process (I don't recall the name). I am going to get the frame OD Green and the slide black.

BB
March 13, 2001, 01:31 PM
While I generally agree with 444 that you should never sell a gun, I've had a couple that I'm GLAD I sold and wouldn't want back ever. That said, I appreciate all my guns...the NIB ones, and the military surplus guns I've given new "life" to. Something about an ex-IMF P35, or Argie 1927. History I guess.

BTW, Mark Graham at ARS has a package deal for fixing up and refinishing the AIM P35s, heres the result:
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/finish/m3ttbhp.jpg

cobraman
March 13, 2001, 01:48 PM
Wow that is a pretty gun! I am currently in the throws of working on a Chrome 82 Hi Power that is giving me fits, but I love every minute of it.

Zander
March 13, 2001, 01:50 PM
Mighty fine-looking pistol, BB!

Mark does great work for very fair prices, IMO.

Oak '58
March 13, 2001, 02:48 PM
I bought one of the AIM Hi-Powers, and it shoots like a dream! Easily my most accurate pistol. And, considering it's history, it's not really beat up that badly. But ... yours looks great! And I really hate the small safety lever that's currently installed. I looked at the ARS web-site, but didn't see any mention of the package you described. Can you give a ballpark price for the work done on your Hi-Power? I'll have to start saving pennies again... Thanks!

M1911
March 13, 2001, 02:57 PM
Sell a Kimber or a Sig? Go wash your mouth out with soap! That's heresy!

M1911

BB
March 13, 2001, 04:48 PM
Hi Power Priority of Work (updated 11/11/00)

CS Wide Combat trigger, supply and install $75
CS extended thumb safety, supply and fit $75
Trigger job $75
bob and undercut hammer $25
supply variable power recoil spring $10
supply 2x +10% power mag springs $10
dehorn $45
Throat and polish, recrown $25
Polish extractor, Xpower extractor spring $10
Supply Navidrex thin black micarta grips $50
Refinish one color $125
Refinsh 2-Tone +$30
Return UPS Air $35
$580 Package deal $450

Stipple front and back strap $95
Supply and install night sights (Mk III Slide) $125
Supply and install Novak Low mount MkIII $175
Supply and install Novak 1911 large lowmount $300

Contact info:
T. Mark "Gunplumber" Graham
[email protected]
Arizona Response Systems
5501 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85013
623-873-1410 http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com

March 13, 2001, 05:54 PM
Now that, is a good looking pistol.

krept
March 14, 2001, 02:02 AM
Yes... very clean and nice looking pistol BB

I'll stick with NIBs, however, for the time being.