PDA

View Full Version : 1873 Winchester Reproductions - Value?

allenomics
September 10, 2019, 02:26 PM
Do you have any idea what a Winchester 1873 reproduction rifle may be worth a generation or two from now? Are they collectible?

Is Miroku's offering of higher value due to its Winchester mark on the barrel? Or is "Made in Japan" a negative, despite high qualify parts and workmanship?

Wood grades vary: 1-6, but please assume a mid-grade 3 grade of wood.

Also, will the .357 Magnum/.38 Special calibers be of equal collectible value as the .44-40 Winchester caliber or perhaps .45 Colt?

These lever-action rifles currently retail for $1299 to $1800, but can cost as much as $3200 (150th anniversary edition).

Thanks for your thoughts.

ligonierbill
September 10, 2019, 03:59 PM
You never know, but I don't see any collector value developing. Folks like me buy them to shoot. I have a Uberti '73 repop that looks nice and shoots well, but they will keep making them as long as they sell. No rarity there. A good, well made rifle always holds its value, but increasing value due to collector demand? Nope.

burrhead
September 10, 2019, 04:01 PM
I think of a generation as being +/- 20 years ergo, two generations equals 40 years. I would suggest you find a fortune teller you trust and ask them what's going to be happening in 2059.

Targa
September 10, 2019, 07:46 PM
They are beautiful guns but in my opinion they wont be worth more than what you paid for them and will decrease in value like most things do.

fourbore
September 12, 2019, 07:36 AM
Miruko does a great job. I am proud to purchase "Made in America", when that is or was great product. I dont know or care about what some wierd little collector may or may not think 100 years from now. I will answer for me. In the hear and now, I much prefer the current Winchester lineup over any time in my life. If that is a ding against Winchester and American management or high praise for the current company owners, you choose.

Think about it.... Winchester in New Haven could not build an 1892? I mean forget the 1886 and 1885, but; the not even an 1892!! Idiots, wasted the brand name.

I like the 44/40 and once again, dont give hoot what others buy. Is it wonderful enough to have a choice? Remember the options from New Haven?