PDA

View Full Version : Lobbing 300Blackout Subsonic At Distance with Chronograph

Mr.RevolverGuy
August 25, 2019, 08:17 AM
I may need help fellas. The challenge of lobbing subsonic at distance has become addictive to me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1IHX3lksAs

Chasing the ultimate load, reload or factory has even lead to me cataloging all of it on the net.
http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3817

Am I the only one with this addiction lol?

jmr40
August 25, 2019, 12:03 PM
I shoot 22's at 100 and 200 yards. Accomplishes the same thing a lot cheaper. I saw a video a few years ago with someone shooting a lever 45-70 at a mile. That is lobbing lead. Closer to artillery fire than rifle fire.

Willie Lowman
August 25, 2019, 12:08 PM
Do you shoot it at other distances much? If so do you use an optic with hold over lines for different ranges?

I ask because I took a shooting class last year and a few of the guys there were using 300 subs. the cool guy factor wore off pretty quickly when they couldn't hit the target because they had no idea where their bullets were going past 50 yards...

Mr.RevolverGuy
August 25, 2019, 05:14 PM
Yes Willie I have shot way past 100 yards. I do have hold over or mildots and know exactly what each line represents in distance.

Mr.RevolverGuy
August 25, 2019, 05:18 PM
jmr40,

22 is just as much fun everyone likes what they like. I like a little bit more recoil and testing the accuracy of my own loads. Chasing perfection of handloading.

MTT TL
August 25, 2019, 05:22 PM
I became fascinated with shotgun slugs for a while. It was kind of an expensive hobby but I was really curious about 300 meter holdover and other types of useful data.

Bartholomew Roberts
August 25, 2019, 07:37 PM
I ask because I took a shooting class last year and a few of the guys there were using 300 subs. the cool guy factor wore off pretty quickly when they couldn't hit the target because they had no idea where their bullets were going past 50 yards...

I’ve shot out to 250. When I get the chance, I’m going to try 300 and see if there is still some room left. I use a 6x milrad reticle with mil-adjustment and a Ballistics calculator. On a known distance range, you can stretch the range auite a bit.

I use a 50yd zero so drop is almost 7 feet at 250 with Remington 220 Flatbase. An 85 yard zero would be a lot more useful; but I’ve already got so much data switching between different loads that I don’t want to have to recalibrate.

jmorris
August 28, 2019, 08:02 AM
Me and a friend spent a year p,aging with .22’s at long range, 300 yards, depending on ammunition is in the 156 inches of drop range.

You just have to know distance with precision or “walk” them in.