PDA

View Full Version : Carts

banjobart
March 8, 2001, 09:29 PM
Is there a source for carts and are they necessary to shoot CAS? I have a picture of a Hunter cart in their catalog and am making a crude fascimile. Cowboy wheels are a problem, I may rob a couple off a junk lawnmower.]

The cart seems like a good idea. I will go to my first CAS match next month with my home made version.

Ned Roundtree
March 9, 2001, 12:26 AM
My first two years of cas, I did not have a cart. Now, I have a cart and like the first power windows and a/c on your car, once you have one you will want to always have one. Carrying all the long arms, side match guns (long range and pocket pistol), extra ammo and canteen. Having the tool box/storage case that you can sit down on is very handy. If you build a cart, be sure you keep the feature of the handy seat. Also, be sure your notches for rifle rack will hold a 97 Winchester pump OR 12 gauge sxs.

Chris Bowie
March 9, 2001, 07:00 AM
G'day There !!
Ned is right.... you dont have to have a guncart but once you have one you wonder how you got on without it. The seat is a critical item.... depending on the ranges you visit!!
Down here (South Australia) a lot of us have found we are fighting the elements.....dust.....heat.....rain.. so lots of us have enclosed guncarts..... mine is a tombstone shape with an inscription from Boot Hill at Tombstone. Keeps all my gear clean and dry and i can lock it if some security is an issue.
Good luck with yours...... my advice..... wait a while...get to some shoots and check out others for ideas!!!
Chris Bowie SASS #3487
Kenton Valley Cowboys
South Australia

banjobart
March 9, 2001, 09:15 AM
Thanks, gentlemen.