PDA

View Full Version : P365 with laser

OhioGuy
November 17, 2018, 10:19 AM
Has anyone used the P365 with Sig's Lima laser? Looks like a Crimson Trace LaserGuard design with the pressure switch on the grip. I like the LaserGuard design and would probably like this one.

If you've used it, does it work as well as any other laser sight you've used? Are there any other lasers designed for the P365?

And a last point - I like this gun but would probably put a rubber grip on it, or at least Talon Grips since it's so darn small. Would those prevent this type of laser from working? I could carve out rubber but then my finger probably won't activate the switch well.

FITASC
November 17, 2018, 11:14 AM
Have you tried shooting it with the 12 round mag? I found the grip to be perfect with that skosh of extra length

OhioGuy
November 17, 2018, 11:37 AM
Have you tried shooting it with the 12 round mag? I found the grip to be perfect with that skosh of extra length
I've held it with the 12 round magazine but it wasn't available to shoot at the range.

My favorite single stacks are the Walther PPS M2 and Shield 2.0. Both fill my hand better than the P365, but both are slightly larger too

Carl the Floor Walker
November 17, 2018, 01:55 PM
Personally I believe there is only a small percentage of EDC owners that actually care about a twelve round magazine. Most, Including myself feel that 7-10 rounds is fine. Revolvers have made have become more and more popular.
After being in the group that test shot the gun and compared it to other single stacks, the majority of us were not impressed with the gun. Not that it was bad, just felt that it shot similar to other Micro 9mm's, Better than some, not as good as others.
You may like it, depending on the size of your hand, but you must test drive the gun to make sure.
Again, nothing bad about the gun, just a average Micro 9mm. Shot very similar to a Ruger LC9s IMO.

OhioGuy
November 17, 2018, 02:11 PM
Personally I believe there is only a small percentage of EDC owners that actually care about a twelve round magazine. Most, Including myself feel that 7-10 rounds is fine. Revolvers have made have become more and more popular.
After being in the group that test shot the gun and compared it to other single stacks, the majority of us were not impressed with the gun. Not that it was bad, just felt that it shot similar to other Micro 9mm's, Better than some, not as good as others.
You may like it, depending on the size of your hand, but you must test drive the gun to make sure.
Again, nothing bad about the gun, just a average Micro 9mm. Shot very similar to a Ruger LC9s IMO.
Agreed. I figure extra rounds can't hurt anything I guess. Agree the gun is nothing special besides its capacity. Perfectly good micro 9 but I like others better. That's mostly because the grip is so small, which is why I asked about solutions like Hogue rubber that fill the hand better. I just don't know how those would interact with the instinctive activation button on the Lima laser.

MagnumWill
November 23, 2018, 01:35 PM
I would like nothing more to carry as much ammo as possible- however, my carry habits have gone the other way, to your point. I used to carry a New agent 1911, and I've been finding that I carry a 5-shot J-frame everywhere these days. The thing with the 365, is that it is quite small, but ammo is a pretty standard weight. 12 rounds of 124gr 9mm easily translates to ~7 rounds of 230gr .45ACP, which is starting to get a touch heavy for CCW without an overshirt. It may fit in your pocket, but it may he a hip-carry due to the weight.