PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on the Canik tp9sf elite please.

bspillman
July 22, 2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks in advance.

TunnelRat
July 22, 2018, 08:17 PM
Is there a question here? I'm not trying to be that guy, but I can't tell whether you want the same information you'd get from a Google search, hands on experience, what exactly?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bspillman
July 22, 2018, 09:11 PM
First hand experiences would be nice if possible. If a google search is all anyone needed to do then we wouldn’t have a need for a forum IMHO. I hope the added information helps. Thanks.

TunnelRat
July 22, 2018, 09:22 PM
I get that the forum is for discussion, but usually there is a specific question or whatnot attached that helps spur the discussion.

It's a striker fired polymer framed pistol made in Turkey.

youngridge
July 22, 2018, 11:16 PM
Never shot one or had the chance to handle one. All the guns shops around here do not carry them in stock. They look solid, Paul Markel has some good videos on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roamin_Wade
July 22, 2018, 11:31 PM
I think they are pretty good guns. I think they are at least as good as Taurus or Ruger’s.

Guyand
July 23, 2018, 08:14 AM
I think the original poster is asking for information from people who have used or handled one of these and have some comment.

Perhaps someone has a comment on warranty information?

Perhaps someone has had one now for a year or so and has shot a few thousand rounds through it and noticed the trigger got better ....or worse??

Perhaps someone had a PPQ and one of the Caniks and then made a decision to keep only one and would have a few comments to offer.

Perhaps there is an issue with the magazine release?

Perhaps someone wants to note something about availability of parts or quality of original parts.

Maybe someone had a chance to test the trigger pull on four or five of these in one store?

Perhaps someone works in a lgs and they have sold a few of these and heard feedback?

Sometimes when people talk about pistols they own they mention points others have not covered before, or items not covered in online reviews, which are too often only positive.

Makes sense to me for someone thinking about this pistol to ask for any comments. If you don't have any, move on and enjoy the day.

RUT
July 23, 2018, 08:57 AM
https://www.canikfanatikforum.com/index.php?sid=ea938fcfbaa881adba3419fcb31c16ee

TunnelRat
July 23, 2018, 09:49 AM
I think the original poster is asking for information from people who have used or handled one of these and have some comment.

Perhaps someone has a comment on warranty information?

Perhaps someone has had one now for a year or so and has shot a few thousand rounds through it and noticed the trigger got better ....or worse??

Perhaps someone had a PPQ and one of the Caniks and then made a decision to keep only one and would have a few comments to offer.

Perhaps there is an issue with the magazine release?

Perhaps someone wants to note something about availability of parts or quality of original parts.

Maybe someone had a chance to test the trigger pull on four or five of these in one store?

Perhaps someone works in a lgs and they have sold a few of these and heard feedback?

Sometimes when people talk about pistols they own they mention points others have not covered before, or items not covered in online reviews, which are too often only positive.

Makes sense to me for someone thinking about this pistol to ask for any comments. If you don't have any, move on and enjoy the day.

Those are all good questions. My point is if the OP had put as much effort into the thread as you did with your post I would never have said anything. If the impression is I was being deliberately obtuse I'll apologize, but knowing what the OP already knows or what in particular he wants to know helps people give relevant information. I'm at the point where I've dropped that gripe, but if people want to keep bringing it up I can keep responding. It was meant as a passing comment, not an Inquisition.

There are a number of good reviews on YouTube. The only issues I've seen come up before on the forum and online is that this particular model the OP listed seems to be picky about ammunition and has been known to have cycling issues. I know Honest Outlaw on YouTube has some videos about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

railroader
July 23, 2018, 07:07 PM
I don't have the elite but I have a tp9sfx. Overall it is a good gun that I needed to resolve a couple of issues. First off the recoil spring was too strong and I was getting double feeds because of this. Century set me a lighter recoil spring set up which resolved this. Also as of september of last year Century did a "severe duty" upgrade on pistols being sold. This upgrade included a much stronger spring for the striker safety plunger. That spring made the trigger stagey on my gun. I replaced it with a glock striker safety plunger spring which is lighter. Now the trigger is good to go.