PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPS M2

Dan-O
July 15, 2018, 08:40 AM
Found a place selling them for $299 shipped. Can’t really justify not buying one. Anyone have any good or bad experience with one?

oldengineer
July 15, 2018, 09:19 AM
I've had one for a few years and like it. I think I paid around $400 for mine which I got right after they were introduced.

RickB
July 15, 2018, 09:34 AM
I tested one briefly, shooting a couple of practical matches, and liked it a lot.
For a striker-fired gun, the trigger was very good.

I think I had a failure to extract - range-brass handload - but no other issues.

Being primarily a 1911 guy, I got a SIG P938 instead, but agree that a PPS for $300 would be a killer deal.

JMag1
July 15, 2018, 09:50 AM
No better value in a quality SS nine, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fox84
July 16, 2018, 10:07 AM
I like mine. Trigger is bearable. I carry mine in a carhart vest pocket when its cool.

Dan-O
July 16, 2018, 12:36 PM
I ended up getting one locally for $317 out the door. Before tax and CO background check was $269.99.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kLn7j5D5cNMneedF6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qKownex3XTGUM9WSA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7n3exHR4hmvvthBz9

craddleshooter
July 16, 2018, 07:44 PM
They are some really good guns, I own a p5c and I must saw I’m very happy with the performance.

OhioGuy
July 16, 2018, 08:46 PM
I've had one for a while -- got it last summer when they ran their $100 rebate, but now it's even cheaper than it was with the rebate!

I've never had a problem. Shoots well and is very controllable even with the smallest magazine. Recommend Talon Grips for better traction. Also recommend getting a +1 magazine spring from Magguts for whichever magazine you'd carry (if you'll carry it). $25 and a few minutes to install, and you gain another round. It's quite nice. I typically use the 8 round magazine, +1 Magguts, +1 chamber -- so 10 rounds of 9mm? I'll take it :)

OhioGuy
July 16, 2018, 08:50 PM
Oh! And if you want a defensive laser, you can get a Crimson Trace Laserguard for a good price online. I got mine from Optics Planet on sale for 60% off one day, lucky find, total about $165 I think for the green laser. Activates just by gripping the gun, and the laser is very clear and bright. Makes it quite easy to quickly land hits, especially from compromised firing positions. If you go that route, get a Blade Tech Klipt holster specifically for Crimson Trace. It works great.

JDBerg
July 16, 2018, 09:13 PM
Found a place selling them for $299 shipped

I’ve had my PPS-M2 for over 2 years and I probably have over 5K rounds through it. I would highly recommend one of these to anybody who wants a great shooting EDC gun, which probably includes a lot of people. For what you paid for yours, it’s a no-brainer to get one, and you can buy a few extra 8 round factory magazines with the money you’re saving.

Dan-O
July 16, 2018, 11:21 PM
I know. Im thinking about getting another and just sitting on it. I’m super impressed with the German engineering.

The maggut concept is pretty cool. Gonna put a couple hundred of my reloads throgh it first.

Paladin7
July 18, 2018, 03:32 PM
I've had a PPS M2 for over a year now and carry it daily. At that price you cannot afford not to buy it.

I've found the PPS M2 to offer superior reliability, ergonomics, shootability all out of proportion to its size, tremendous accuracy for a pistol of this size and a very good trigger.

You won't be sorry... I feel it is currently the best single stack 9 out there.

doofus47
July 18, 2018, 09:42 PM
have a pps m1 that I shoot really well. I love the ppq-style grip on the m2 but the button is a show stopper for me as all my other carry pistols have the lever mag release.

Fishbed77
July 20, 2018, 08:53 AM
While I prefer the paddle release of the PPS M1, any Ulm-manufactured Walther for under $300 is a great deal.

vba
July 20, 2018, 12:25 PM
Let's see, I have a Ruger LC9s, a Glock 43 and a Sig P225, my Walther PPS M2 is my favorite.

Don't get me wrong I love my P225 but it is too large for easy carry.

OhioGuy
July 20, 2018, 05:39 PM
Additionally (while it's not cheap) Walther is kind of forging ahead by putting out the RMSc Red Dot equipped PPS M2. They're trend setters :)

You can also pick up the Crimson Trace laser guard for it pretty inexpensively.

PPS rules. I usually carry something larger but this one has backup duty when I have to wear nicer clothes and tuck in my shirt.

FYI, if you ever plan on carrying absolutely discretely with a tucked in shirt, look at the 3 Speed Holster for your PPS. It's great.

Longhorn1986
July 20, 2018, 10:15 PM
The wife has one for her EDC. She loves it. I cant get it away from her long enough to shoot but a few rounds in it myself!

druryj
September 16, 2018, 04:48 PM
Hi all. I' haven't been here for awhile; been occupied in my home state forum (OKShooters.com) but in my opinion, he PPS M2 is the best SS 9mmm pistol out there. I've owned the Shields, Kahrs, XDs, various Glock 26/43...you name it, but the PPS M2 trumps them all. it really does shoot like a bigger gun, is very ergonomic, and built very well. $300? Oh yeah; all day every day! My G43 now sits in a drawer for the most part.

Dan-O
September 16, 2018, 05:56 PM
I feel as though the trigger and reset are perfect for a slim defensive 9mm. I really like the protruding striker indicator on the back of the slide.

JDBerg
September 18, 2018, 06:11 PM
I really like the protruding striker indicator on the back of the slide.

That’s the cocking indicator on the PPS-M2, and there is practically no chance of accidentally snagging the trigger if I hold my thumb over the back plane of the slide when I (re)holster the pistol. This is a really useful yet overlooked safety feature of the PPS-M2.

DAKA
September 24, 2018, 05:46 PM
You paid how much for the PPS?
With how may mags?

Dan-O
September 24, 2018, 06:03 PM
$270 before tax. 1 6rd and 1 7rd.

JDBerg
September 24, 2018, 06:08 PM
You paid how much for the PPS?
With how may mags?

I paid $419 for my PPS-M2 in March 2016, not long after it came out, and it originally came with 6 & 7 round mags. Then I bought two 8 round accessory mags at @$40 each, whivh I really like a lot, and I highly recommend these mags. There are better deals out there now for this gun, $270 is a screaming deal for a new gun now, and it is my #1 EDC gun.

OhioGuy
September 27, 2018, 11:11 AM
I can't see you going wrong with the PPS M2. I picked up a green Crimson Trace Laser Grip for about $170k on OpticsPlanet.com and it works great.

I got the Klipt holster for it by Blade Tech -- works just fine. I hacked it by adding "The Claw" from Vedder Holsters to it for much better concealment on the 8 round magazine. I just happened to have that claw lying around :)

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/110820-my-pps-crimson-trace-aiwb-holster-hack.html

If anyone is interested, there's what it looks like ^^^

TruthTellers
September 27, 2018, 11:58 AM
For a 9mm single stack, the Walther has stood out to me more than any other pistol in how highly praised it is, yet how affordable too. The Sig P938 is similar, but it's double the price and for what is a concealed carry gun meant for 15 yards or less, you don't have to spend more than $400.

The only other 9mm single stack that I can think that is quality, inexpensive, and has a good trigger is the Ruger EC9s/LC9s.