PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Pico firing pin

great scot
July 11, 2018, 06:44 PM
I have a Beretta Pico and I broke the firing pin. I bought a replacement from Brownells and noticed it was stainless and the original that broke looks like carbon steel. I assume the replacement is stronger, correct? Any insight would be appreciated.

Btw, I really like the Pico!

Bill DeShivs
July 11, 2018, 07:38 PM
You can't tell the difference in carbon and stainless steels by looking, and stainless is not necessarily any stronger than carbon steel.

tarhealcracker
July 11, 2018, 08:42 PM
Do you know what caused the firing pin to break?

Carl the Floor Walker
July 11, 2018, 08:45 PM
I have two Pico's and thousands of rounds through them. Bought some spares when they were new and never have had to put one in. That said, the Manual clearly say's to use snap caps, which I do.

Carmady
July 11, 2018, 08:48 PM
Ditto on the snap caps when dry firing.

Beretta might have sent you a new fp for free.

Prof Young
July 12, 2018, 12:15 AM
I really like my Pico too. Great pocket gun once you learn to shoot it. I'm getting relatively good at point and shoot at closer ranges. I do recall learning, as I did my research before buying the Pico, that dry firing is not a good thing for this gun, and firing pins can break if dry fired. So . . . .

Life is good.
Prof Young

zchris87v
April 1, 2024, 08:46 AM
Carl - do you still have a spare firing pin? Evidently they are hard to come by these days.

Mike Irwin
April 1, 2024, 09:22 AM
Carl is no longer a member here.

Good luck in your search.

wild cat mccane
April 1, 2024, 02:52 PM
Midwest has them for $10 in stock.

I wish the PICO were still in production. I would buy one with zero buyer remorse.

But maybe there is a reason this thread exists and they are effectively out of production.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/7fri2u/dry_firing_my_beretta_pico_380these_two_things/