PDA

View Full Version : Best Sling Types For Learning Benchless Marksmanship (Again) With Rifles?

Gunnut17
January 20, 2017, 01:24 PM
My understanding is that there are one, two, and three point slings of various other features unique to different brands and needs that, for my purposes, might make a two or three point of a certain material or particular marksmanship focus better to mount onto, say, a bolt gun in .308, or even a 10/22 with the right factor or aftermarket features to be used with certain kinds of sling.

Thoughts from those here that are more avid marksmen or -women at their age and life experiences being likely greater and of more value to such discussion than my limited scope of understanding are welcome and appreciated.

Cheers.

Pathfinder45
January 20, 2017, 01:31 PM
I prefer the old-school, leather military sling.

4EVERM-14
January 20, 2017, 03:52 PM
For position shooting the M1907 leather sling and the m1 cotton web sling are superior. Single point attachment double buckle slings are also excellent.

AK103K
January 20, 2017, 05:55 PM
The 1907 type, if you learn to set them up properly, would be my first choice.

The M1/M14 web type would be my second, and again, learn to set it up properly.

If youre looking for a sling that works well in the field with a bolt and/or some semi's, and is very fast and easy to use, take a look at the "Ching" slings. They work almost as well as the two above, with no fiddling getting into them.