PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a single shot

Ram4x4
December 12, 2016, 07:12 AM
Of course, my luck...seems the little H&R/NEF Handi Rifle is no longer being made...just as I want to get one.

Are there any comparable single shots being made by anyone else? Something in the same price range in 204 Ruger?

Looked at the CVA, but they don't make one in this caliber, nor does Rossi.

Not looking to spend what the T/C costs, would just like something similar to the Handi in form and price.

Dranrab
December 12, 2016, 08:21 AM
What you are looking for doesn't exist as far as I know.

NoSecondBest
December 12, 2016, 09:06 AM
Henry is supposed to be coming out with some single shots. I don't know a thing about them, but their other guns shoot well and are well made.

fourbore
December 12, 2016, 09:46 AM
The Henry appears to be a copy of the H&R handy rifle with an upgraded wood and finish. I think it is worth waiting to see how these pan out.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of used H&R available. I guess you wont find a 204 in a handy (even if they made one once). I doubt Henry will build one in 204 for a while. Maybe never?

It helps to be flexible. Or if you are going to want one caliber across multiple platform than go with the most popular. In this range, that would be the 223. If not flexible, then you will generally have to pay up. How critical can it be to have a gun like the handy in once caliber over another that are so close in performance?

Guv
December 12, 2016, 11:13 AM
Deleted.

godale
December 12, 2016, 11:42 AM
The guys at grey beard outdoors are handy experts , and got ads for used ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T. O'Heir
December 12, 2016, 01:26 PM
"...the same price range..." That's going to be your problem. Gander Mountain is listing the H&R's, but not in .204. Not a lot of demand for single shot varmint rifles. However, there's an H&R on Gunbroker for $300.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/603602252

godale
December 12, 2016, 04:05 PM
thats high for a handi but i bet he finds someone to grab it.

shootbrownelk
December 12, 2016, 04:09 PM
That's what you call finding a needle in a haystack...a Handi in .204. If ya snooze..ya lose. How bad do you want one?

fourbore
December 12, 2016, 05:22 PM
So.... H&R made a 204. There you go.

godale
December 13, 2016, 06:46 PM
i hope henry i does good with those.the problem is the same the handi had, too many budget rifles for the same price or cheaper. this made them a hard sell at the end.