PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick an interesting carry gun

MikeGoob
November 29, 2016, 09:32 PM
I'm looking for something different.

Reliable, under $1000.

I am trying to find a small 9mm that is a bit special. Something different, nicer than a stock ruger or glock (no offense, I have a few). I currently have a sig 938 that I love, but also carry a Kahr PM9 on occasion. I need a third option. Some thoughts:

Rohrbaugh if they can be had under $1000
Kimber Solo? Micro?
Boberg
Kimber Revolver

What am I missing out there?

jreXD9
November 29, 2016, 09:49 PM
CZ Rami or PCR.

Targa
November 29, 2016, 09:58 PM
Not all that interesting but I would like to give the Kimber Micro on your list a go.

psyfly
November 29, 2016, 10:06 PM
Go "old school". Get thyself a Star Model B, like the one carried by Jules Winfield (Samuel L Jackson) in Pulp Fiction.:D

Nathan
November 29, 2016, 10:54 PM
Can you help me define interesting?

To me a carry gun must be proven safe/reliable, have repair parts available and must be easily defended in court.

Have you considered one of thr CZ75 compacts? Or something just plain cool like a high polish blue 19-3 S&W? Or maybe a high polish blue 1911?

MikeGoob
November 29, 2016, 11:01 PM
Definitely has to be reliable and safe, not sure what you mean about undefensible...

Just something somewhat unique, good looking, but not too bulky, I prefer smaller frames for carry. A nice 1911, sure, I do have one but I'm not opposed to another.

I just want my next gun to be something different, I can afford to spend a little more and I feel like I might be missing something special out there.

5whiskey
November 29, 2016, 11:30 PM
I know you have a SIG already, but I love the p290 series for carry. The trigger is kind of rough, but I can still shoot my issued one very well. 9 ring of a B27 target off hand at 25 yards 9out of 10 times... Shooting on around a 3 seconds per shot time limit.

Its not something completely off the wall, but unique in its own right.

MikeGoob
November 29, 2016, 11:39 PM
Cool thanks guys---I already have a few ideas.

I have never held a CZ Compact of any sort, I'll look into them. I've also never held the 290 but have been meaning to try one out. Great ideas!

JohnKSa
November 29, 2016, 11:42 PM
The Boberg is pretty unusual. I've come close to buying one for the cool factor alone. It does limit you somewhat in terms of ammo choice because of the way it yanks the rounds backwards out of the magazine but you get a significant amount of extra barrel length in a given sized "package" if you can put up with its minor idiosyncrasies.

Grand Power makes a couple of compact pistols which should be functional and not very common.

mk70ss
November 30, 2016, 06:37 AM
CZ Rami. Built to last forever, accurate, great sights, 10 rounds of 9mm. And its not a Glock or Shield.

jmhyer
November 30, 2016, 08:06 AM
Springfield Armory EMP?

2ndsojourn
November 30, 2016, 08:26 AM
For daily concealed carry, I'd choose something cheaper than a $1000 piece. It's going to look worn after awhile and if you need to use it, it's going to be confiscated. I'd recommend a lighter polymer or alloy frame handgun, with the desired action (striker, DA/SA, revolver) and save the $1000 Rohrbaugh for Sunday-go-to meetin'.

Skans
November 30, 2016, 08:34 AM
I personally would pick Boberg - I have the Platinum and love it, but don't use it as my EDC - it's sort of my version of a BBQ gun. I would love to have a nice Rohrbaugh under $1,000.

Guns to consider which are not on your list:

STI LS9 or even the LS40
HK P7 or PSP (probably $400 or so over budget)
Detonics Pocket 9

druryj
November 30, 2016, 10:25 AM
I really like my wife's Kimber Micro .380, so much so that I'm wanting the Micro 9 now. I have and often carry a Glock 43, but I really like the Micro pistols an awful lot. Must be the 1911 blood in me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeGoob
November 30, 2016, 11:55 AM
I am a little concerned about the potential confiscation of a gun used in a SD shoot. However, to a greater degree, I don't like the idea of this 'fear' infringing on what I carry.

Skans
November 30, 2016, 12:19 PM
I am a little concerned about the potential confiscation of a gun used in a SD shoot.

That's one reason I don't routinely carry my Boberg or other interesting small guns. I have no problem routinely carrying my Diamondback DB9, however. Easily replaceable.

Chainsaw.
November 30, 2016, 03:49 PM
Ruger sp101 with badger boot grips.

Hmm..

Maybe Im just projecting...

rwagliardo
November 30, 2016, 04:27 PM
Kimber Micro nice gun really quite satisfied with mine however many have experienced problems. Browning 1911 380 right now is my favorite carry piece. Might check it out miniature 1911 with beaver tail and grip safety.

l.cutler
November 30, 2016, 04:29 PM
Take a look at the Honor Guard by Honor Defense. I really like mine, seems like a lot of gun for the money.

MikeGoob
November 30, 2016, 05:50 PM
Ruger sp101 with badger boot grips.

Hmm..

I had a really nice S&W Model 60 with an unfluted cylinder.. I sold it after being concerned about the lock.

I wonder how hard it is to get one without the lock.

cw308
November 30, 2016, 08:08 PM
Was also looking for a interesting carry gun. I went with a NIB Colt New Agent 45acp 3" came with Crimson Trace lazer grips . First time I shot with a laser, a lot of fun to shoot. The laser can be adjusted to your distance. Bullet hits where the red dot is, point and shoot. Great little 1911

Cheapshooter
November 30, 2016, 10:06 PM
Interesting is for guns in my safe, and at the range. Reliable, accurate, and easy to carry is my criteria for a carry gun.

jdc1244
November 30, 2016, 10:55 PM
I am a little concerned about the potential confiscation of a gun used in a SD shoot. However, to a greater degree, I don't like the idea of this 'fear' infringing on what I carry.

A perfectly appropriate and warranted concern.

Indeed, that’s what cheap, nasty but reliable Glocks and Shields are for: to sit for months in a damp, dirty evidence locker subject to being lost or damaged.

makarov
November 30, 2016, 11:08 PM
East German Makarov?

CZ 83?

Colt Mustang?

S&W Airweight revolver?

Worc
November 30, 2016, 11:18 PM
Single stack: Sig 290.

Double stacks: Walther PPS/PPS M2 or Steyr S9-A1.

Skans
December 1, 2016, 09:29 AM
I'm not always as utilitarian as many of the folks here. I like to show off some of my more interesting guns every now and then, and I suspect the OP is a little of the same mindset. So, if I'm going to be around a bunch of my gun-nut friends or relatives, I will sometimes carry my nickel Kahr K9, STI LS9, or Boberg to show off a bit. Yes, guns are a hobby of mine, if they weren't, all I'd have is my DB9 a Savage 30-06 and a Baikal 12ga o/u.

dgludwig
December 1, 2016, 09:36 AM
Any of the discontinued Smith & Wesson 3913 Series pistols are not only interesting to me but are well-made, robustly constructed and, most importantly for a gun intended for self-defense, reliable in the extreme. If you prefer having a double-stack magazine, the Smith Model 6906 comes to mind.

Other choices that are interesting to me in terms of being carried concealed include the following six-shot revolvers: the Ruger LCR chambered in .327 Federal Magnum, the long discontinued but still findable Colt Agent/Cobras and Smith & Wesson Model 12 Airweights, chambered in .38 Special.

Cheapshooter
December 1, 2016, 09:45 AM
I'm not always as utilitarian as many of the folks here. I like to show off some of my more interesting guns every now and then, and I suspect the OP is a little of the same mindset. So, if I'm going to be around a bunch of my gun-nut friends or relatives, I will sometimes carry my nickel Kahr K9, STI LS9, or Boberg to show off a bit. Yes, guns are a hobby of mine,
"Show off some"
Now this gets more into the realm of BBQ guns. Not necessarily every day carry. Maybe that us really what the OP is looking for.:D

MikeGoob
December 1, 2016, 10:02 AM
We aren't supposed to carry BBQ guns? I can understand not carrying a $5000 shiny piece that you treasure, but to me this is going to be put into my carry rotation, not all the time but something thats a little less run-of-the mill.

So, kind of like a BBQ gun but not so delicate as to be scared of normal wear. And something that is a little more unique than what everyone else is carrying.

Skans
December 1, 2016, 10:35 AM
I occasionally carry my STI LS40 and nickel Kahr K9 - both are really interesting small guns. I actually pocket-carry the LS40 in a wallet-type holster if I am wearing something with slightly bigger pockets than usual. Neither of these guns would be classified as BBQ guns, but you certainly don't see either of these every day. I hardly ever run into an LS9/LS40. I might see one or two stainless Kahr K9's at a gun show, but never one of the burshed nickel ones with wood grips like mine. I think I paid $400 for the K9 and $500 for the LS40 - both were 95%+ condition, but not new.

MikeGoob
December 1, 2016, 10:46 AM
are the all-metal kahrs discontinued? Is the Mk9 the same size as the pm9?

Viper99
December 1, 2016, 07:11 PM
How about a stainless CZ75B or Italian 92 FS inox?. I also like the 3rd gen S&W 6906, 5906, 1006, 3906, 4506, CS9, ect. How about Beretta 84/85 stainless.
CZ52? Tokarev?

MikeGoob
December 1, 2016, 07:21 PM
I love those suggestions, I have a few, but I'm looking for smaller for carry--around the size of a Sig 938 or small J frame...

bbqncigars
December 1, 2016, 08:06 PM
A short barrel Rhino maybe?

bn12gg
December 1, 2016, 08:58 PM
Ok, "interesting...different carry gun" -- I suggest you study and then pick up a Colt 1903 in .32 or 380 acp. The hammerless 1903 was the creation of John Browning and carried by generals plus mobsters. Personally, my 1903 in .32 is one of my favorites. They are rather thin of frame making them nice to carry. Plus they reek of class fwiw.

David. :)

dontcatchmany
December 1, 2016, 09:13 PM
:D Stick with the P938.....but you can NOT have mine!

elde
December 1, 2016, 09:32 PM
OP, as you probably know, Rohrbaughs are discontinued since Karl sold the company. Nonetheless, my R9s has been flawless over the course of daily pocket carry for the past five years. It's a handful with 115gr Gold Dots but still accurate and reliable @ 7-10 yards. I've recently seen nice examples in the $1000-$1200 range. IMO the perfect pocket carry gun. There's currently one listed on GB for $1019.00.

ChuteTheMall
December 1, 2016, 10:40 PM
I'd hate to have a nice gun confiscated, so I won't shoot anybody unless it's a matter of life and death.

Or, there's a 1917 Luger for $999 on gun broker:

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/602113000/602113999/pix285939446.jpg

longshank
December 1, 2016, 11:07 PM
I carry an Ed Brown Alpha Carry Bobtail. I don't buy anything I'm not gonna use but that's just me. Since that is well above your stated budget, another option (less expensive) is a CZ 75PCR. I have two and they feel just about as good in the hand as the Ed Brown.

cc-hangfire
December 2, 2016, 01:06 PM
I don't have the financial standing to carry a beautiful gun, but I know a few friends in that position. So I'll dream here. For EDC I'd pick all stainless steel or ss slide with an alloy frame. If available, wood grip panels in coco bola or walnut.
Pocket pistols (and some push the boundary of pocket carry):
Walther PPK or PPK/S
Colt Mustang
Deutonics 9
SIG P938
Seacamp any model

Waistband, IWB or OWB:
1911 Commander size
Kimber any smaller SS model
SIG P290
SIG P233
S&W CS45

dahermit
December 2, 2016, 01:13 PM
It is not a 9MM, but the most interesting small auto I can think of is a Walther PPK.

Skans
December 2, 2016, 03:08 PM
I wish Colt would make the Mustang in a 9mm.

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 2, 2016, 03:59 PM
I suggest the Beretta Pico. It is an 380 acp however.

But with modern ammo the 380 acp can easily penetrate an 18" gel block.
If used FMJ or cast lead bullets the 380 acp is on par with the 9mm Luger all the day.
I don't understand why people want allways hollow points. If "the 'ol lead bullet was good enough for our ancestors why not for us as well".

Just cast your own 95 grain or 120 grain lead bullets (Lee molds) and load 'em up. Since the lead is deforming by it's nature you do not need an hollow point. Once the lead hits hard surfaces (bones) it flattens automatically acting like an hollow point. Otherwise through soft tissue the lead bullet acts as an FMJ with it's deep penetration.

I wonder if there is an advantage of the "heavy" 120 grain lead bullet over the lighter 95 grain lead bullet regards terminal ballistics.

Prof Young
December 2, 2016, 10:30 PM
Okay its 380, but the Sig P238 has some of the "most interesting" looking models I've ever seen. If I had enough $$$ to collect guns I get them all and make a display.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

MikeGoob
December 2, 2016, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. Still kicking it around. Maybe wait until after shot show? anyway this one looks cool:
http://orig12.deviantart.net/5273/f/2010/333/4/0/qs_armi_nemesis_by_boromir66-d33v4sl.jpg

Big Shrek
December 2, 2016, 11:28 PM
I cross back & forth between nice CC pistols,
and cheap CC pistols...
because it's almost as much fun to
bring an old pistol back from the dead,
tricking it out with modern sights and mods,
as it is to buy a nice, factory issued S&W Chief's Special ;)

Or, even more fun, find an old Chief's Special
that someone has jacked up, and have it Hard Chromed ;)

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 06:13 AM
Mike Goob,

Nice gun you show on the pic.
What brand is that? It says Italia on the slide. Seems to have an aluminum frame. What caliber is that? 25/32 acp?

MikeGoob
December 3, 2016, 07:51 AM
Found the pic while searching for pistols... apparently its an armi nemesis pistol
don't know much more than that. Cool though...!
http://pics.livejournal.com/casatic/pic/0049xx6b/s320x240
http://pics.livejournal.com/casatic/pic/0049yfh2/s320x240

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 08:10 AM
Mike Goob,

Your second pics look like the gun is an toy gun. At closer look it looks like it is an bb plastik gun.

As well those rounds look unfamiliar (the pic may be desproportionally stretched).
I never have seen that kind of rounds or caliber. Looks like something in between 38 spl and 9mm Luger.

You may consider this is an fake photo (of an toy gun).

Correction: It is the 7 Penna gun with it's propietary rounds and ammo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7mm_Penna

Pilot
December 3, 2016, 08:10 AM
Is the Armi Nemesis imported into the U.S.?

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 08:38 AM
The 7mm Penna gun would be at most an novelty.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4036180

The caliber has about the +P velocities of an 9mm Luger (or 22 lr stinger) and the mass of between 48 grain and 68 grain (maybe in the ballpark of an 25 acp to 32 acp).
Should be about similar performance as an 22 magnum.

Energy wise the 7 Penna (68 grain and 1350 fps velocity) has an muzzle energy of 275 lbs/ft. That is in the ballpark of an 22 magnum.

You may get as well an 22 magnum instead. In any case the 9mm Luger has better performance and the 380 acp is not far behind eighter.
Get an 380 acp for concealed carry gun (mouse carry gun) or an 9mm Luger/45 acp gun.

MikeGoob
December 3, 2016, 11:11 AM
Yes I wouldn't think this pistol is practical. I like the style and looks of it but thats all. Would be nice to have a 9mm in that package...

Dashunde
December 3, 2016, 11:56 AM
I currently have a sig 938 that I love, but also carry a Kahr PM9 on occasion. I need a third option

I've been chasing that unicorn for years to no avail...
After ~15 years and many newcomers to the micro9 group, the PM9 is still very hard to beat as a pure ccw.
But, I'm in the camp that avoids all complexity in a ccw - no safeties, etc - just a smooth reasonably long(er) trigger pull combined with proper storage and handling is enough to remain safe, yet instantly usable.

The only thing I'd change on the PM9 is the blocky slide release, I'll buy another the second they integrate it into the frame somehow.

Aside from that, Skans brought up a very interesting alternative to look at.. the HK P7.

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 12:05 PM
For concealed carry why go with the 9mm Luger?
Just go with the 380 acp.

Even in an Plastik SD9VE full size 22 oz gun I find the 9mm Luger to hard to shoot. To snappy, flinching&recoil anticipation, lots of misses.

For CCW I never would go with an 9mm Luger but at most go with the 380 acp. The conceiled carry weapons are mostly 12 oz guns and Shooting an 9mm Luger out of that I would not like at all.

MikeGoob
December 3, 2016, 12:11 PM
380 is still a little under performing in my opinion:
http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP

Not at all terrible if I had to use it, I would. I just have no problem handling a 9mm in a small Kahr PM9 or my Sig 938, I switch carry between both of these. Accuracy is good for me under 4 meters.

I also have a lot of 9mm ammo, so fewer calibers is simpler ;)

firespec35
December 3, 2016, 12:18 PM
Go find a S&W CS9 you'll have plenty left for spare magazines and a nice holster setup

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 12:27 PM
Same underperforming you see for 9mm Luger according to that website.

9mm Luger tends to underperform when:
a) bullet weight is equal or less than 115 grain
b) bullet expanded (hollow Point).

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP

9mm Luger performs well if:
a) bullet weight is 124 grain or more
b) not expanding (FMJ or lead bullet)

380 acp underperforms when:
a) bullet weight is 95 grain or less.
b) bullet expands (hollow Point)

380 acp performs well if:
a) bullet weight is 100 grain or more (at least has to be minimal 95 grain)
b) not expanding (FMJ or lead bullet)

With both you can get good Performance just use for 9mm Luger 124 grain and not expanding bullet and for 380 acp use 100 grain and not expanding.

Specially for the 380 acp the bullet has to be an FMJ oder solid lead bullet and never you can use an hollow Point. Using hollow Points in 380 acp gives you not the Penetration you Need.

MikeGoob
December 3, 2016, 12:31 PM
I've considered the 380 for a while and go back and forth. I'll probably get one eventually. Like the gorgeous sig 238s I've seen out there...

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 12:41 PM
Yes every one has it's preferences.

I particularly hate recoil and snappy guns since I have small Hands and have Trouble of Holding it right.

An carry gun for me is an mouse gun. So, in an small package I would not eve think of Shooting an 9mm Luger. The CCW should be for me max 5" Long, max 4" high, very light and as Slim as possible (better is an Seecamp size gun). Max dimensions has the Beretta Pico but in an shootable decent caliber (380 acp). The shootability for an CCW may be an issue since the Pico is considered comfortable Shooting and the Seecamp is considered hurting the Hand (both in 380 acp). Imagine the Seecamp in 9mm Luger. It's a compromise.

An house gun should be big, heavy and have an hefty caliber (9mm Luger) like the ideal size is the Beretta 92 FS. No compromise.

MikeGoob
December 3, 2016, 01:15 PM
After ~15 years and many newcomers to the micro9 group, the PM9 is still very hard to beat as a pure ccw.

I've been considering the MK9 Elite because I already have a lot of PM9 magazines. Custom grips are hard to find though, and the finish seems a little bland, at least on the one at my local gun store.

Dashunde
December 3, 2016, 04:49 PM
I particularly hate recoil and snappy guns since I have small Hands and have Trouble of Holding it right.
An carry gun for me is an mouse gun. So, in an small package I would not eve think of Shooting an 9mm Luger.

For some insight here... my 380 LCP is acutely less pleasant to shoot than my PM9.
The PM9 is very soft-shooting for its size, even on defense ammo.

Flight Medic
December 3, 2016, 04:53 PM
I would avoid the Kimber Solo like a Tai hooker. Mine had nothing but problems out of the box (parts breakage, malfs galore). Went back to Kimber three times for service. The third time seemed to fix everything, but by then I was fed up and sold it. My Springfield EMP had to go back once, but they sorted the problem out right away.

How about the Chiappa Rhino 20DS revolver in 9x19? They list for under a grand.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a3/77/aa/a377aacf6eaba24e4d461ab6d1fbde01.jpg

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 05:13 PM
What are the sizes between PM9 and LCP380? What are the weigth differences?

Neigther of them is a real mouse gun. Both are carry guns. Not even real concealment carry guns. The size of both is relatively big compared to the Seecamp.

ammo.crafter
December 3, 2016, 05:23 PM
Have you looked at the Walther PPQ M2?

It's about $600 and is different looking as well as reliable.

Flight Medic
December 3, 2016, 05:31 PM
Have you looked at the Walther PPQ M2?

I was going to suggest that too since it has the SWEETEST out-of-the-box trigger I've ever pulled...but I figured it didn't really meet the "small" prerequisite in the OP's post. At least, not compared to the P938

Cheapshooter
December 3, 2016, 05:56 PM
What are the sizes between PM9 and LCP380? What are the weigth differences?

Neigther of them is a real mouse gun. Both are carry guns. Not even real concealment carry guns. The size of both is relatively big compared to the Seecamp.
I have both a LCP, and a CM9 (PM9 without the expensive, and unnecessary frills for almost 1/2 the price).
The LCP is certainly a "mouse gun". Small enough to be easily hidden in any clothing. The Kahr CM9 is not a mouse gun by comparison. It conceals fairly well in some pockets. But not in all. On paper, the roughly 1/4" additional length, and 1/2" height don't seem significant. But it is more noticable in real life. Also, the extra 6 oz. of weight is very noticable yo me.
That's why the Kahr gets more service in cooler weather, with heavier clothing, carried IWB in a Hybrid style IWB holster. But regardless of the weather, the LCP is always in my pocket.

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 06:23 PM
I assume the OP asks for the gun as concealment carry (disguise the gun) instead of open carry.

Were I am living it is almost allways 95 degrees Farenheit or more and open carry is not allowed.

The only way to conceal carry an weapon is disguised in an cell phone Holster. Like in front the cell phone and in the back pocket the gun. So the gun has to be at most the size of an fairly large Smartphone.
My phone is about 5 oz of weight and the Beretta Pico is about 12 oz unloaded and without the spare Magazine included in the cellphone Holster. Gun with Magazine + spare Magazine + cellphone will give already an Kind of saggy weight of about 20 oz.
If it's to heavy the spare mag is left home and instead I will stuff 7 lose rounds in the Holster compartment. In an Extended gun fight maybe 7 lose rounds could make an difference (in an shoot, run and hide Scenario). In this Scenario I could load the mag from hide/cover or load it while running (I hope this idea is not to crazy loading it while running).

Flight Medic
December 3, 2016, 09:32 PM
Were I am living it is almost allways 95 degrees Farenheit or more and open carry is not allowed.

Where exactly are you located in South America, and how difficult is it to get a permit to carry??

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 09:39 PM
It is not that difficult to get an concealed carry permit here. But they need your complete data like you have to have property. Your tax number they want as well. So that means if you screw up with your license they lock your whole civil life up (no business anymore).

MikeGoob
December 3, 2016, 10:30 PM
I can't imagine having to use a cell phone holder as a holster. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

Ive been using Vedder holsters for my guns lately, they work great and don't cost too much. Not pretty but work great. Keeps the gun snug and against your body so really a T-Shirt can hide it with barely a bulge for my PM9 or 938

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqzS4l3WgAEbGVd.jpg

That Rhino looks cool but it looks HUGE too. Do people carry Rhinos? I do like the Walther but it was a big for me. Thanks for the great suggestions.

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 3, 2016, 10:44 PM
On amazon.com look up disguised cellphone holster. You will find all sorts of cellphone holsters (first pocket visible to public the phone and zipped behind the compartment for the gun).
Over here we do not wear t shirts oit of the pants. Inside belt holsters are for the climate to uncomfortable.

Dashunde
December 3, 2016, 11:53 PM
fwiw.. the LCP and Seecamp/NAA 380's weigh about the same, the LCP might even be a bit lighter. Both of the metal guns are wider.
For me, width and weight matter more than a 1/2 inch in any direction.

I still have a serious itch for a nicely made poly 25acp, a modern, true mouse gun.
1/2" thick, same overall size as a Seecamp, made like a LCP... perfect summer gun.

Dashunde
December 4, 2016, 09:32 AM
I've been considering the MK9 Elite because I already have a lot of PM9 magazines. Custom grips are hard to find though..

I've always liked the all-metal Kahr's too, they feel really nice, much better in every way once worn-in a bit than the poly versions.
They even shoot better, but they're lead brick heavy, never anything I'd lug around all day, and they dont come cheap either.
The larger ones are nice for the range, but they don't really have a range trigger for my taste.

I like the Kahr trigger (gun type in general) for carry, 1911's (SA's w/safety) for the range and cheaper Glocks around the house and center console.

mrt949
December 4, 2016, 09:54 AM
Sp101 in 9mm.

dgludwig
December 4, 2016, 11:07 AM
QUOTE: "...I can't imagine having to use a cell phone holder as a holster..."

I use one on occasion to carry a Ruger LCP and like it. It's a holster made to look like a cell phone holder and is comfortable to carry a pistol and disguises its purpose well.

TheGuyOfSouthamerica
December 4, 2016, 11:19 AM
like this one and many others.
Amazon is awesome in all regards. Can you imagine a world without Internet Business?

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Compact-Holster-Concealed-BD-849/dp/B01M8IKFIQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1480868025&sr=8-12&keywords=concealed+cell+phone+holster

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8T04XL?psc=1

This last one many People use as CCW Holster (back compartment) as it even states on the Reviews.