PDA

View Full Version : Canik TP9SA Decocker

bspillman
November 16, 2016, 10:06 AM
Is the complaints I've been reading about really an issue? I know anything is possible but has anyone ever inadvertently decocked the gun by accident.

Darkstar888
November 16, 2016, 12:28 PM
Never seen that actually happen. It requires enough pressure to actuate that it ain't going to happen unless you want it to.

tahunua001
November 16, 2016, 08:26 PM
I've never heard of it happening but the potential is still there. why would you get the SA with even the tiniest, remote possibility of being rendered inoperable when the SF is the exact same price and does not possess the decocker?

ftttu
November 18, 2016, 01:48 AM
I don't listen to those who say that the button can be pressed accidentally. It takes a deliberate push to activate the decocking mechanism. It is only an issue if you want it to be.

I handled mine just now, and again, there is no way that button will get pushed in regular or "aggressive" handling-if there is such a thing. Anything being possible, the button could be pressed if dropped on top of an object that presses the button, but that is a "chance" I'll risk.

Also, if you do press the decocker, it just takes a short "chamber check" of the slide to re-cock it. I saw but never handled the Gen 2 version, but I like that it has an adjustable front sight. If it still has the fantastic trigger, it is hard to beat, especially for the price.

AND, if you aren't convinced about the button, go for the TP-9SF which is minus the button.

Lastly, due to the failed coup attempt there in Turkey as well as other things I don't agree with, I'm now looking elsewhere.

hemiram
November 18, 2016, 05:02 AM
The decocker needs to be pressed deliberately to work. On my TP9v2, and the original TP9 that I shot to get me interested in the line of guns in the first place, it's highly unlikely that it would ever be pressed accidentally. Since I have the TP9v2, it's not a concern if it did happen, I would just pull the trigger again, but on the SA guns, you would have to pull the slide back the quarter inch or so it takes to reset it. I think the whole discussion about the decocker is kind of bogus, like a lot of the "I won't buy a Turkish made gun, because..." nonsense.