PDA

View Full Version : how much?

chesty
February 16, 2001, 12:19 AM
i have a rem. 700 ADL, .270 win. mint condition ,no rust, no dings, and had the trigger lightened to #2. i want to upgrade to heavy bbl. .22-250 and need to sell the remington. how much could i get out of it?

Art Eatman
February 16, 2001, 10:22 AM
I'm 150 miles from a WalMart, so I can't price-check, but you oughta be able to get that much from a private indivdual who wants a .270--no sales tax or yellow sheet...

Art

Guyon
February 17, 2001, 09:37 AM
New, the Remington ADL runs $350 (before tax) at the local sporting goods chain--a bit higher at the gun shops (about $400). I paid $280 for mine (before tax), but I caught a sweeeet sale last year. Start yours high so you'll have some room to come down.

Just curious...since you've adjusted the trigger to just 2#, have you attempted to "trick" the rifle into firing by pulling the trigger and then lowering the safety with a round in the chamber? I'm of course referring to the recent CBS reports about this rifle. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=56493

chesty
February 18, 2001, 06:06 PM
no i had a gunsmith do the trigger work cause (as much as i hate to admit) didnt know what i was doing, but havent had a p roblem yet, and if i ALWAYS watch my muzzle direction , which is one of the basic ten commadments of firearm saftey, i shouldnt have too worry